Getting data from Homeseer to HAI Omni Touchscreens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting data from Homeseer to HAI Omni Touchscreens

With my previous furnace I used to have OmniStat thermostats all over the house. On my OmniTouch screens I used to have a nice screen that showed me all the temperatures all over the house. I changed the furnace and had to use their stats so my HAI system no longer has access to that data.

I have been able to write scripts to pull that data into HS. Any ideas how I might get the data over to my HAI panel so I can show it on the OmniTouch again?

My last resort will be to have HS dump it to a html file and use the web browser object on the OmniTouch to read that in.

I have no experience with the OmniTouch, however, I am working on a HSTouch version where all of my HAI values and functions are there - probably a lot like an OmniTouch.

That said, I'm not sure how you would put data *into* the HAI panel for display into OmniTouch. For example, if you have a thermostat temperature in your new HVAC thermostat, you wouldnt be able to update a HAI temperature in the panel. You probably could create a dummy thermostat in the panel and update the setpoints using the plugin, but not updating temperature/humidity values, etc.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

There are "USER SETTINGS" in the HAI panel for this use. But I don't appear to be able to access them through the OmniTouch. What I could do is update a HAI MESSAGE with the values i want - then I can show those messages on the OmniTouch. Not sure how I would update a HAI message from within HS though

Comment

Originally posted by madas View Post
        There are "USER SETTINGS" in the HAI panel for this use. But I don't appear to be able to access them through the OmniTouch. What I could do is update a HAI MESSAGE with the values i want - then I can show those messages on the OmniTouch. Not sure how I would update a HAI message from within HS though
        Well, ideally, you would use my plugin to do it
        The bad news is that it doesnt support user settings or messages
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

You can send or receive a message in plain text to the OmniPro panel via a serial link and pro-link.

It's a PITA but you can define messages and automation to ack the messages.

I changed the furnace and had to use their stats so my HAI system no longer has access to that data.

Curious why you have to utilize the thermostats that came with the furnace and can't utilize any compatible thermostat with your new furnace.

Typically the controls for a furnace (HVAC) are the same and haven't really changed much at all in the last 50 years.

What mfg model furnace did you get that isn't compatible with a typical off the shelf thermostat?
          Last edited by Pete; February 3, 2016, 05:49 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

I have a geothermal system from WaterFurnace. The model is a series 7 and its their newest model that has variable speed everything (compressor and fan). The stats have the standard wiring, plus, I believe that communicate using ModBus over RS485 to the control board so that the furnace has information about the current temperature in the room (whether its getting closer to being satisfied or not).

The furnace is not a "I need heat" or "I don't need heat" like most.

M

Comment

Just an FYI that there are a few folks on Cocoontech with geothermal systems from WaterFurnace using the legacy and new Omnistats.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I remember seeing those discussions. I think they had Series 5 and older units which use standard thermostats. My stats talk RS485 (modbus) to the control unit (Intellizone2)

Comment

Yup; googled Waterfurnace / Intellizone2 thermostat connectivity and do see a few folks connecting Nest thermostats to the Intellizone2 (and other brands of thermostats).

It is up to you what you want to do.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I have seen people doing this with the intellizone as it uses the standard wiring. I have never seen one with the intellizone2 as it uses non-standard wiring.

do you have a link? I Googled around and didn'the find much

thanks

M

Comment

Yes...

Voltage Leak- Ecobee Smart Thermostat with WaterFurnace Intellezone Zone Controller

Waterfurnace Geothermal

I would give a call to Leviton HAI support at:

Security & Automation Support

Leviton Security & Automation products
                      Telephone:
                      Mon-Fri 7:30 AM-6:00 PM Central Time
                      1-800-229-7256 or 504-736-9810

E-mail: Technical support emails sent to SAsupport@leviton.com

They will say yes or no. I am wondering if the links above refer to the Intellizone 1 system?

Looking at the drawings it look like the in between piece is called Aurora.

IE: then it is (best gues)

Intellizone2 = = > Aurora = = > MasterStat

Aurora connects conventionally to Intellizone 2 and provides a modbus connection to the MasterStat.
                      Last edited by Pete; February 4, 2016, 02:13 PM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Peter

Thanks. Unfortunately those links both reference the "Intellizone" controller and not the "Intellizone2". The units installed in 2014 and forward will mostly have the "Intellizone2" and not the "Intellizone"

Totally different products. The installation guidesign for the intellizone and the intellizone2 show completely different wiring types for the stats. The intellizone has the standard layout, while the Intellizone2 does not.

I am posting from my phone but can post the relevant pages of the installation guides later

M

Comment

Just to finish things up on this subject-here is the information from the two install guides showing the stat hookups for the Intellizone1 (standard) and the Intellizone2
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes; that is what is confusing me.

Just realized too you can maybe purchase a bacnet / modbus / KNX OPII module and just put the OmniPro 2 on the modbus network too.

Isn't KNX same or similiar to bacnet and isn't bacnet the same as the modbus interface.

Thinking modbus is oldest, then you have bacnet and knx there. I wonder if you connected the modbus stuff to the KNX gateway and configured the Intellizone stuff on the KNX gateway if you could then utilize both whatever is installed by Intellizone2 (thermostats) and the OPII via KNX would communicate via the modbus to the IntelliZone2 system?

It shows the modbus connection going to the relay board. That said does the relay board have standard thermostat connections too?

Thermostat ==> modbus ==> modbus controller ==> analog connections.

Per documentation (not drawing).

The Intellizone2 system is using an Aurora control board. That is the board that has the Modbus thermostat connections and all of the basic thermostat connections to dampers, relays, fans, heat or cooling stuff. That is my guess.

Aurora System and Communication
                            Configuration of IntelliZone2

Aurora Communication Basics

The Aurora Control functions around the concept of modularity and intercommunications between these boards. The communication is a 4 wire ModBus protocol. ModBus protocol is an open source protocol becoming more popular with equipment manufacturers for use in HVAC equipment.

The Aurora has one ‘bus’ for the ABC, AXB, AWL, VS Drive, EEV, and thermostats. The AID Tool only plugs into the ABC AID Tool port (RJ style connector) or the AWL’s AID Tool port and will not work at any other location. The AXB has 3 other independent ports for differing protocols; for IntelliZone2, ClimateTalk Components, and Communicating ECM blower motors. None of these ports comply with the ModBus protocol set up for the rest of the Aurora system.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Pete; February 5, 2016, 11:44 AM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I actually tapped the modbus communication and thats how I am reading the temps. I also found out how to set the temps remotely. It all needs a lot more work to be usable but the concepts seem to be working

so HS can now control and read the stats, so I don't really need the OmniStats anymore. Maybe its easiest if I have HS just create a little webpage and show that on the OmniTouch

Comment

Working...
                              X