X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Plugin Beta - v3.0.1.14

Guys
    I'm going to go ahead and release this version since I've had it open so long. There are some new features you guys have been waiting on.

I do still have some outstanding items. Pete, I'm looking into the System Status issue, which contains an issue with AC status and the battery status updates - that is next on my list.

One of the bigger changes was the addition of User Codes. Here's how it works:
    A new system device is created for User Codes. It will pull the codes from the panel and allow you to select which codes you want to track/use in HS. By having them in one device, it makes Event creation a little easier. Create an event where the value changes and becomes and you should get triggers when that code is used.

Another large change is to support device creation so that they can be used with HST's implementation of the Amazon Connected Home API. I believe I have the ControlUse properties set correctly, but please check to make sure. I also added more thermostat code to hopefully allow HAI thermostats to get picked up in HSTouch automagically. I'll need some testers on that as well.

Make a backup of your configuration, load it up, and post any issues to this thread please...

Thanks!

Changes in this version:
    • Fixed - Flag updates are throwing: HandleUnsolicitedPackets Flag Exception: Conversion from string "ON FOR 0:01:00" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
      *****User will need to delete/rebuild flags due to class change.*****
    • Fixed - Change thermostat name so it shows up in HSTouch correctly.
    • Fixed - Thermostat hold mode now matches 0/255 off/on.
    • Added - Main configuration web page now remembers last active tab.
    • Added - DeviceTypeInfo.eDeviceAPI.Thermostat to Capabilities()
    • Fixed - Initial Flag Values were not being set on startup.
    • Fixed - Issue where Flag values were not being sync'ed on startup.
    • Added - RadioRA and RadioRA2 to supported device list.
    • Added - updater_override.txt gets removed after beta install.
    • Fixed - Setting flags does not execute automation code.
    • Added - User codes setup and event support for arm/disarm by user code.
    • Added - Filtering of protocol on Units tab.
    • Fixed - Issue with ControlUse property being improperly set on devices.
    • Added - no longer append Unit number to Unit name.
    • Fixed - auto-postbacks now work on Units page without page refresh.
    • Fixed - Thermostat operatingstate device did not have correct values.
    • Fixed/Added device and thermostat support for Amazon Echo Connected Home API.
    • Refactoring older code.

Attached is the plugin and updater_override.txt files. Here's how to install this beta without using the updater:
    • Copy the attached zip file to your Updates3/Zips folder.
    • Copy the attached updater_override.txt file to the HS3 root folder.
    • From the Manage Plugins page, disable the HAI plugin if it is running.
    • Click on Update Listing.
    • You should see the HAI Plugin Beta listed.
    • Select and install the plugin.

**Note - if you are using Linux, make sure you copy the updater_override.txt file and preserve the /r/n line feeds - transfer it in binary and you should be fine.

When the plugin installs and runs for the first time, it will remove the updater_override.txt automatcially.

***Backup your current installation so you can revert back if needed!!
    Last edited by rmasonjr; April 1, 2016, 08:42 AM. Reason: updated instructions on installing
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Oh YES! I'll load it up later tonight and try it out. Thank you again for your ongoing hard work on this plugin, Rob.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by lakemirror View Post
      Oh YES! I'll load it up later tonight and try it out. Thank you again for your ongoing hard work on this plugin, Rob.

Tom
      Thanks Tom - I think the flag fix should get you going. Let me know how it goes...

Comment

I can happily confirm that setting an HAI flag through HS3 will now execute the HAI automation that uses that flag. Excellent. I'll go back now and start using flags again in my events rather than the workarounds I put in place.

Also I have enabled the HAI user codes that I want to write events with. Looks like it will work great....will do some experimentation later.

Thanks!

Comment

I had to disable the plug in to get it to install, you might want to add that to your instructions.

Comment

Hi Rob,

Thanks for posting the update. I have noticed the following so far:

1) My existing Devices still are still unable to save the "Dim" selection for Control Use even though it is no longer grayed out. I removed and then added one of the Units in the PI and the Dim Function did populate and stay as expected.

2) The Unit Protocols area of Units for HLC is instead showing "**unknown**".

3) In the Device Advanced Tab under "Additional Display Data", HAI 3.0.1.13 is shown, I am not sure where this is generated or if this is anything to address. I believe the devices were created by the 3.0.1.13 Plug-In though.

Thanks again for all of the effort! Let me know if you need anything else from me.

-Travis
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the update Rob.

Here installed then shut down the plug-in and re enabled it. Note that yesterday Rich posted an update to HS3 (V.258 ==> V.262)
              Right now using HS3 V.258, HSTouch Server V.94, HSTouch client and designer V.47.

1 - will do a test thermostat HSTouch screen today
              2 - I do see main configuration screen showing 3.0.1.14 while other screens show 3.0.1.13 (as above).
              3 - X10 stuff showing up as unknown.
              4 - UPB stuff showing up fine. Lost the DIM levels that were present in .13. So set them again via the wall switch and PCA and HS2 UPB and they came back in the plug-in.
              5 - Z-Wave Leviton serial VRCOP functioning as a secondary to the Zee-2 is showing the Z-Wave devices fine.
              6 - updating seems to have disabled my X10 configured on the RPi2 as a remote plug-in. Reran remote and all is well.
              7 - User codes show fine.

....still checking...
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Pete; March 22, 2016, 06:58 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Rob

Might be a small prob with the user codes. User codes with authority level of "user" work fine but not users with "master" authority. I have not tried "manager" level authority codes.

User codes with "user" authority show up in the device list with the user's name and are capable of triggering events. "Master" user codes do neither.

Tom

Comment

Just noticed here that the updater file worked fine on the Zee-2 but doesn't work on the HS3 running on Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit.

I get this error.

Please wait for the updater control file failed to be downloaded or parsed.

Unzipped file and manually copied over to HS3 Pro on Ubuntu box. Just using the thermostat stuff here.

Noticed that the Uninstall_HSPI_HAI.exe file properties is HSPI-DDWRT_Uninstall.
                  Last edited by Pete; March 22, 2016, 08:11 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Still on the topic of user codes, I tried changing my own from "master" to "user" in pcaccess and it still would not work. I went into the HAI plugin page and it still showed my code as being "master" so I disabled and then re-enabled my code. No change, it still shows as "master" even though I confirm changing it to "user" in pcaccess (saved and uploaded to controller).

Finally I disabled and re-enabled the entire plugin. This time it picked up the change to my user code and shows me as level "user". My name now appears in the device list in the codes status and that works fine.

So....two issues? One is that only users with a level of user will change the codes device status, and the other is that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to change levels in the plugin.

Comment

And...unit protocol for my ALC lighting is showing "unknown"

Comment

Originally posted by drmcp View Post
                        I had to disable the plug in to get it to install, you might want to add that to your instructions.
                        ah - thanks - I thought I had that in there from a previous version...

Comment

Set up a thermostat page on HSTouch using the RC-80 template.

This is the first time I have ever done this with HSTouch for HS3 (never did it with HS2).

Created the status buttons, up and down button, fan mode button and mode button.

Just playing right now. There is no operating state option in the drop down. Used the HS3 HAI variable for this.

1 - FAN button works and display ON, OFF and AUTO
                          2 - Mode (next operating mode) button doesn't seem to do anything
                          3 - UP and DOWN button doesn't seem to change anything (using +1 or -1)
                          4 - changed heat setpoint via HS3 gui and changes were seen on HS3 thermostat screen.

Thinking with an earlier version of the plugin too thermostat temperature way down when enabling plugin when it shouldn't have changed anything. It did the same this time.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Pete; March 22, 2016, 09:54 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                            Set up a thermostat page on HSTouch using the RC-80 template.

This is the first time I have ever done this with HSTouch for HS3 (never did it with HS2).

Created the status buttons, up and down button, fan mode button and mode button.

Just playing right now. There is no operating state option.
                            Yep - I noticed that too! I'm getting much closer to having HSTouch pick up the HAI thermostats automatically You dont know how much grief the Thermostat API has caused me

Comment

Rob

Might be a small prob with the user codes. User codes with authority level of "user" work fine but not users with "master" authority. I have not tried "manager" level authority codes.

User codes with "user" authority show up in the device list with the user's name and are capable of triggering events. "Master" user codes do neither.

Tom
                              Still on the topic of user codes, I tried changing my own from "master" to "user" in pcaccess and it still would not work. I went into the HAI plugin page and it still showed my code as being "master" so I disabled and then re-enabled my code. No change, it still shows as "master" even though I confirm changing it to "user" in pcaccess (saved and uploaded to controller).

Finally I disabled and re-enabled the entire plugin. This time it picked up the change to my user code and shows me as level "user". My name now appears in the device list in the codes status and that works fine.

So....two issues? One is that only users with a level of user will change the codes device status, and the other is that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to change levels in the plugin.
                              ok - I need to look into this more. I dont use my master code for anything, only user codes. If I understand what you're saying, you want to be able to trigger events from the master code?

Also, the HAI SDK does not appear to let me change levels from the plugin, only PC Access.

Comment

Working...
                              X