User Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Codes

What is the relationship between the OPII user codes and Zwave lock (if any)?
    I finally got to install a lock (plus enough beaming devices to make it work) and I am at a loss of how do I assigned codes.
    HS sees the lock but I can not operate because I believe at least one code has to be assigned.
    I am very handywith PC Access and the entire OPII environment but totally new to ZWave.
    Does Homeseer take the codes form the OP, the lock itself or do they get programmed into HS (if so , how)?
    Thanks in advance.

OPII User codes are for HAI Consoles only, so there is no relationship between the panel and a Z-Wave lock.

If your lock is controlled by HS, then you can add codes for the lock via the device's Root Node. Click on the device, then click the Z-Wave tab. From there, click Settings and you can set codes for the lock.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

You can if you want install a Leviton HAI VRCOP and make it a secondary Z-Wave controller to the Homeseer Primary Z-Wave controller.

The VRCOP then can then control the Z-Wave lock via the access control section of PCA. That said I do not think Rob has implemented any Access control functions in the HS3 Plugin.

OPERATION

Z-Wave locks are controllable through the “Access Control” section of HAI IP-based user interfaces. Locks are not directly controllable through HAI consoles or HAI OmniTouch 3.9/5.7 console bus-connected touchscreens.

Automation programming for locks may be entered through the “Access Control” sections of HAI PC Access software. Changes in the state of a lock can be used to trigger automation programming, and the state of a lock may be used as a condition in automation programming. Commands to lock/unlock the lock may also be entered.

You can also install a Leviton HAI Zigbee ZIM and use that for Zigbee locks if you wanted to.
      Last edited by Pete; June 27, 2016, 03:38 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        You can if you want install a Leviton HAI VRCOP and make it a secondary Z-Wave controller to the Homeseer Primary Z-Wave controller.

The VRCOP then can then control the Z-Wave lock via the access control section of PCA. That said I do not think Rob has implemented any Access control functions in the HS3 Plugin.

OPERATION

You can also install a Leviton HAI Zigbee ZIM and use that for Zigbee locks if you wanted to.

Thanks for all the help!
        Ended up buying a Znet and all locks enrolled properly. At first I was not getting a full enrollment so the user code option was not available.
        Yes, I have tried the VRCOP straight to the OP II and had nothing but problems. I finally gave up on then until I started using Homeseer. With Homeseer and the Znet I finally have control of my 3 locks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good news D14!

Here just turned the old Zee-2/RPi2 in the attic to just a Z-Wave / 1-Wire device. It has a Z-Wave + GPIO card in it and it works talking to the Zee-2 replacement Xi3 Xi5A box.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X