X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAI Plugin Beta - v3.0.1.18

Changes in this version:
    • Fixed thermostat operating state and mode so that thermostats work in HSTouch.
    • Refactoring older code.
    • Begin work on custom trigger (disabled for this version).

Attached is the plugin and updater_override.txt files. Here's how to install this beta without using the updater:
    • Copy the attached zip file to your Updates3/Zips folder.
    • Copy the attached updater_override.txt file to the HS3 root folder.
    • From the Manage Plugins page, disable the HAI plugin if it is running.
    • Click on Update Listing.
    • You should see the HAI Plugin Beta listed.
    • Select and install the plugin.

**Note - if you are using Linux, make sure you copy the updater_override.txt file and preserve the /r/n line feeds - transfer it in binary and you should be fine.

When the plugin installs and runs for the first time, it will remove the updater_override.txt automatcially.

***Backup your current installation so you can revert back if needed!!
    Attached Files
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Hey Rob,

Do I need to recreate my thermostat devices?

After installing, the app will not switch modes still.

Thanks!

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Wazoo View Post
      Hey Rob,

Do I need to recreate my thermostat devices?

After installing, the app will not switch modes still.

Thanks!

Paul
      Well, I added code to fix your existing devices, but it sounds like it did not work.
      If you dont mind, see if deleting and re-adding will work. Make a backup and roll back if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
        Well, I added code to fix your existing devices, but it sounds like it did not work.
        If you dont mind, see if deleting and re-adding will work. Make a backup and roll back if you want.

Ok... so this is what I did to test.

1) Under the HAI plugin menu, I "turn off" the thermostat device.

2) I confirmed that all devices related to that thermostat were gone.

3) I re-enabled the thermostat and confirmed the devices were back (as a side note, I noticed that under MODE, "Off" has been replaced by "Idle". I assume this verifies that new devices were created).

4) When I press MODE on the HS Touch App, nothing changes on the app itself indicating the new mode was selected (mine starts at HEAT even though it is IDLE per the webpage), however, the thermostat actually changes to COOL even though it is not indicated on the app. Subsequent presses of MODE on the app change nothing on the thermostat.

5) If I reset the thermostat to IDLE on the webpage, I can repeat step 4 above.

6) Exact same problem happens when pressing FAN as described in 4 above.

Let me know what else I can do to help.

Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul - what thermostat do you have? It shouldnt matter, but I'm curious.
          Also, can you screenshot your Status Graphics tab of the Operating State device?

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            Thanks Paul - what thermostat do you have? It shouldnt matter, but I'm curious.
            Also, can you screenshot your Status Graphics tab of the Operating State device?
            HAI RC-80 Ominstats.

Oddly, this time when I hit MODE, it switched from IDLE to AUTO, but also won't budge from there.

EDIT: Just switched to Cooling in the Operating State.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hey Rob,

Tested here too. I deleted the HAI Thermostat Devices and then re-Added in the Plug-In. Both Fan an System Mode did update when pressing the button properly but didn't change the text in HS Touch itself. Which template are you using for the thermostat? My Thermostat is the RC2000 and I was testing using the HAI 2 Template in HSTouch.

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                Hey Rob,

Tested here too. I deleted the HAI Thermostat Devices and then re-Added in the Plug-In. Both Fan an System Mode did update when pressing the button properly but didn't change the text in HS Touch itself. Which template are you using for the thermostat? My Thermostat is the RC2000 and I was testing using the HAI 2 Template in HSTouch.

-Travis
                ah - I am using the stock HSTouch app with the standard template.
                Whats strange is that mine is working fine in the stock app:
                Attached Files

Comment

Still troubleshooting....

To help narrow down my issues, I modified the default profile for Android and had the Climate button go directly to a screen dedicated to just one of my thermostats (i.e. bypassed the, ugly, HS default device selector).

On that screen, I created some simple buttons and text boxes to show the status of the mode and the operating state of that particular thermostat. Here are my results.

1) Using dedicated mode selection buttons (i.e. one for Cool, Heat, and Off), the thermostats switched to the correct modes, however, the status was NOT updated on the DEPLOYED app on my Android device for either the mode or operating status. Oddly, when running HS Designer and then testing the app by running the Windows client, the mode or operating state did not update UNLESS I hit the refresh button in HS Designer which then updated the text in the development environment AND the running Windows client.

2) A button set to trigger Next Operating Mode only cycled to the next operating mode ONCE. After that, all subsequent presses of the button had no effect. Again, no update to the operating or mode status text.

Weird one, huh?

EDIT: If I re-connect on my Android app (even though I am still connected to the server), the status text then updates to the correct mode status.

Comment

ah - thanks for that detailed test, Paul.

I think it might have to do with the way I am changing the status.
                    I might have another version to test this afternoon.

Comment

I just tested on my iPad and the results are the same.

So I guess I can't blame my Android.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazoo View Post
                        I just tested on my iPad and the results are the same.

So I guess I can't blame my Android.
                        Paul - could you email me your HAI.log file to: robmasonjr67 at yahoo dot com

Let me know what time you did any of the above tests. I think I may be onto something.

Comment

New version posted - see if this solves the issue:
                          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=182838

Comment

Working...
                          X