No announcement yet.

Multiple instances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interested to know how do you mange them remotely? HAI Dealer software, IP & Port forwarding, or going through his MyHS account?

I utilize HAI dealer access PCA to make changes to remote OP2.

Relating to remote you can purchase a Zee-2 and run it locally and connect via HSTouch to second OP2 panel.

You can run Snaplink to monitor and send emails (not push notifications).
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
      They way it works today, I cant see how it would work. The configuration file is built for a single instance since it contains the keys for the panel. I would need to have a separate group inside each INI file for each panel. I probably should have had that in mind in the early development phase
      Hey Rob,

That's no bueno. Hopefully you can find some way around the issue or way to compartmentalize each instance. I would help develop the solution if I could program worth a crap. 15.5 Hours of installation at my brother's house yesterday to get his panel installed and programmed! Tired of hot attics right now and I didn't get to see last night's Game of Thrones!!! I hope there is some way around this in the future, especially since you are trying to drum up some business with the rename for some Leviton push. I worry that the demand for a properly supported PI of this nature and the expectations of features and capability will take it out of the hobbyist environment for you. I think the Release version is the tipping point to where the punch list of items will need to be addressed because people will have paid for it and have a reasonable expectation. I know this is realistically a niche and hobbyist market but that isn't how we treat it at home, not how they want to sell it. Double-edged sword I suppose.

-Travis

Comment

Hey Pete,

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        Relating to remote you can purchase a Zee-2 and run it locally and connect via HSTouch to second OP2 panel.
        Yeah, that's the option I had considered but it's a hard pill to swallow ($$$) to buy a couple of Zee's for them and then the Omni PI. Ditching HSTouch here and switching to ImperiHome for simplification. ImperiHome already supports multiple instances but without Omni supporting multiple instances I would have to buy that for each one too if I wanted to give them some HS features/capability.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
        You can run Snaplink to monitor and send emails (not push notifications).
        Yeah that's an option too but that program is dated and has to run on the PC 24x7 too to do that. They are using the SnapLink iOS app right now to just check and change status on their systems. It would be nice if Leviton would update that and the panel and App for PUSH capability. I don't like the Email>Text solution either because it is poorly formatted to receive the info that way.

That's part of the issue right?!?!? I think for me the HS3, Omni PI, and PushOver solution is what I want to implement. Given the flexibility of HS3, I know I can do what I want, the main rub is that the PI doesn't do what I want and lack flexibility at this time. To each their own I suppose, that's the best thing HS3 can offer to any of us.

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
          Hey Pete,

Yeah, that's the option I had considered but it's a hard pill to swallow ($$$) to buy a couple of Zee's for them and then the Omni PI. Ditching HSTouch here and switching to ImperiHome for simplification. ImperiHome already supports multiple instances but without Omni supporting multiple instances I would have to buy that for each one too if I wanted to give them some HS features/capability.

Yeah that's an option too but that program is dated and has to run on the PC 24x7 too to do that. They are using the SnapLink iOS app right now to just check and change status on their systems. It would be nice if Leviton would update that and the panel and App for PUSH capability. I don't like the Email>Text solution either because it is poorly formatted to receive the info that way.

That's part of the issue right?!?!? I think for me the HS3, Omni PI, and PushOver solution is what I want to implement. Given the flexibility of HS3, I know I can do what I want, the main rub is that the PI doesn't do what I want and lack flexibility at this time. To each their own I suppose, that's the best thing HS3 can offer to any of us.

-Travis
          How are you using ImperiHome to connect to the Omni? I don't see that it supports Omni or Homeseer. Did I miss something on their website?
          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
            Hey Rob,

That's no bueno. Hopefully you can find some way around the issue or way to compartmentalize each instance. I would help develop the solution if I could program worth a crap. 15.5 Hours of installation at my brother's house yesterday to get his panel installed and programmed! Tired of hot attics right now and I didn't get to see last night's Game of Thrones!!! I hope there is some way around this in the future, especially since you are trying to drum up some business with the rename for some Leviton push. I worry that the demand for a properly supported PI of this nature and the expectations of features and capability will take it out of the hobbyist environment for you. I think the Release version is the tipping point to where the punch list of items will need to be addressed because people will have paid for it and have a reasonable expectation. I know this is realistically a niche and hobbyist market but that isn't how we treat it at home, not how they want to sell it. Double-edged sword I suppose.

-Travis
            I understand. I will see what it will take. Let me get past this Leviton push and start looking at audio control.
            And no GoT spoilers - I'm not caught up yet either!
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
              How are you using ImperiHome to connect to the Omni? I don't see that it supports Omni or Homeseer. Did I miss something on their website?
              Thanks!
              Spud's PI allows ImperiHome it to work with HS3. I just started working with it. I have not dug that deep into it yet so there will be some issues to deal with I am sure. So far, the block based layout is working great for me. Check it out. I would love to stop using the Snap Link App and HSTouch was always giving layout and orphaned link issues for me. My buddy has all of his Elk1 alarm stuff in his ImperiHome app via HS3 and it's really cool. You have to basically set it all up yourself though, not really any automatically created stuff. I have the Omni Temp Sensors all on one screen and in the rooms too, it's really a nice way to aggregate your related sensors.

-Travis

Comment

@Travis

Is your HS3 box running Linux or Windows. Is it on 24/7?

Are you utilizing mySQL with the OmniPlugin?

Are you managing and monitoring your second OP2 panel? Is it connected to an alarm company?

Here just installed Omni Touch Pro on one tabletop touchscreen and just connected it to remote OP2 panel. It is just a remote console which works well.
                Last edited by Pete; August 7, 2017, 03:35 PM.
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The multiple instance thing should be easy. Just change the interface_name and rebuild. Ie. Panel1, panel2, etc. The problem is how to handle the licencing. Buy a license for each panel or 1 license to rule them all.

Just my 2 cents.
                  https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Hey Pete,

Is your HS3 box running Linux or Windows. Is it on 24/7?
                    Windows 10, 24x7

Are you utilizing mySQL with the OmniPlugin?
                    No I am not.

Are you managing and monitoring your second OP2 panel? Is it connected to an alarm company?
                    3 Panels, 3 Houses. Internal/External Bell's only. Notifications via the Panel calling cell phones and for me via PushOver notifications. No Service based monitoring.

-Travis

Comment

Working...
                    X