Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with panel connection issues

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help with panel connection issues

    If you are having connection issues with your panel, such as the plugin restarting, or you get a message that the plugin is still starting up, etc.
    There are several conditions that may cause this:
    • The IP address of your panel is incorrect.
    • The port on your HS server needs to open port 4369.
    • Your HAI Panel keys are entered incorrectly.
    • No network connectivity between the HS server and the HAI Panel.


    There are a few troubleshooting steps you can take to help narrow down the issue:
    Make sure you can ping your panel from the HS Server
    Linux: Tools -> System -> Linux Tools
    sudo ping 192.168.xxx.xxx
    (replace the IP address with your panel's IP)

    Windows: Commmand Prompt
    ping 192.168.xxx.xxx
    (replace the IP address with your panel's IP)

    If you cant ping your panel from the HS Server, the plugin will not be able to connect either.

    INI File
    The Config/HAI.ini file contains your pertinent connection information. If you are having connection problems, you can remove the ini file and the plugin will recreate a blank config so you can get to the config screen. Shutdown HS and do the following:

    Linux: Tools -> System -> Linux Tools
    sudo rm /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/HAI.ini

    Windows: Navigate to the HomeSeer/Config folder and remove the HAI.ini


    If you continue to have problems, please send me your log file by following these instructions:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=186423
    Last edited by rmasonjr; January 6th, 2017, 11:24 AM.
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

  • #2
    HAI.ini

    I cant find where to delete the HAI.ini
    I am using windows.
    Are there more specific instructions you can provide as to how to do this?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tsalarms View Post
      I cant find where to delete the HAI.ini
      I am using windows.
      Are there more specific instructions you can provide as to how to do this?
      Yes - open a File Explorer, and go to your HomeSeer/Config folder - it should be located in there.
      HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
      64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
      UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
      Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

      Comment


      • #4
        Can you do (or do you have) a write up on how to delete the INI file on an HT-ZEE from a Windows computer? That would help some of the guys having the issues.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
          Can you do (or do you have) a write up on how to delete the INI file on an HT-ZEE from a Windows computer? That would help some of the guys having the issues.
          Yep - it's listed above:

          Linux: Tools -> System -> Linux Tools
          sudo rm /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/HAI.ini


          I am close to having a code solution for this. I hope to have it submitted to the updater in a few days.
          HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
          64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
          UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
          Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            Yep - it's listed above:

            Linux: Tools -> System -> Linux Tools
            sudo rm /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/HAI.ini
            I saw that but is that now how to get to it on a Linux computer running HS3?

            How to do you get to that same location on an HT-ZEE using a Windows PC?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
              I saw that but is that now how to get to it on a Linux computer running HS3?

              How to do you get to that same location on an HT-ZEE using a Windows PC?
              a - you can also use WinSCP to connect to your Zee and it provides a windows explorer-type interface.
              HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
              64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
              UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
              Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

              Comment


              • #8
                Excellent. I think that is the part we were missing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm also stuck as I entered the wrong port and now can't get to the screen to fix. I tried executing the command from the tools, but the command doesn't seem to do anything. Seems like if it didn't connect, we could get back to the screen to fix? Please let me know how to fix. I have a Windows computer (and Mac). Thanks! SJ

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
                    Excellent. I think that is the part we were missing.
                    I need some help understanding how to delete this file. I made a simple mistake in setting up (wrong port number) and now can't fix it. Deleteting the plug-in and reinstalling doens't help as for some reason all of the original HAI information seems to be retained even though you delete the plug-in. Thanks for any help. SJ

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If you are on windows, I provided a hspi Uninstaller executable in the hs root folder

                      Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
                      HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
                      64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
                      UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                      Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                        Yes - open a File Explorer, and go to your HomeSeer/Config folder - it should be located in there.
                        How to you "open a File Explorer" in Windows and look at the HomeSeer (IP address)? Is this even possible? Please help explaining. Thanks as I'm pretty much stuck trying to delete the HAI file as I made a simple mistake in setting up. Seems like if it can't connect, it should allow you to enter the corrected information without resorting to all of this. Regardless, appreciate help. Thanks. SJ

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                          If you are on windows, I provided a hspi Uninstaller executable in the hs root folder

                          Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
                          I'm a newbie with his. What root folder are you referring to? The root folder on the physical device? How do I get to this? Do I need to plug it into my computer vs. IP address? Thanks. SJ

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sjht View Post
                            How to you "open a File Explorer" in Windows and look at the HomeSeer (IP address)? Is this even possible? Please help explaining. Thanks as I'm pretty much stuck trying to delete the HAI file as I made a simple mistake in setting up. Seems like if it can't connect, it should allow you to enter the corrected information without resorting to all of this. Regardless, appreciate help. Thanks. SJ
                            Originally posted by sjht View Post
                            I'm a newbie with his. What root folder are you referring to? The root folder on the physical device? How do I get to this? Do I need to plug it into my computer vs. IP address? Thanks. SJ
                            It sounds like you are running on a Zee instead of Windows.

                            Inside HomeSeer, from a browser:
                            Click on Tools -> System -> Linux Tools
                            run this command:
                            sudo rm /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/HAI.ini
                            HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
                            64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
                            UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                            Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yes. I have a Zee. I have run that exact command several times and it doesn't seem to do anything. The command appears on the screen, but I get no feedback, etc. and the HAI continues to hang when connecting (not getting me back to the confi screen). I've tried some of the example commands listed and they work fine with immediate results. Are you sure this works on a Zee? I will try again later today when I get home, but again, this was the first thing I tried after finding this thread with no luck. Thanks. SJ

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X