X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    HomeTroller Connected to HAI Omni but will not do anything

I am new to blogging so forgive me if I do not do this correctly. We are a Leviton HAI dealer. I have a Leviton HAI Omni Pro which I want to control from an Amazon Echo. I have connected a HomeTroller Zee S2. Using the HomeSeer web page I have connected the HomeTroller to the Leviton Omni. I have downloaded the Omni Plug In. I can see all my thermostat, lights, security zones and buttons in HomeSeer.
    When I ask Alexa to for example turn on the kitchen lights she say OK but nothing happens.
    If I go to HomeSeer / Home/ Device list / Kitchen and push ON under control nothing happens.
    Obviously I am missing something. How do I get it to actually turn devices on and off

Leave a comment:

• peterborg
    replied
    I am having trouble connecting to my leviton omni lte panel,The encryption keys IP address and port are all correct however within the Omni log it seems to connect to the omni then immediately disconnects, i Am new to homeseer so not sure where to go with this

Leave a comment:

• avpman
    replied
    Does deleting the HAI.ini folder still help with connection issues? Yesterday, the power blipped here. The router and ZEE were on a backup, but not my switch. Once the ZEE lost connection, the HAI plugin stopped communicating with the OP panel. Even though Alexa responded with the OK. I had to log into the ZEE and manually stop and re-start the plugin to get it to re-connect with the panel.

Leave a comment:

• bjhampe
    replied
    Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    I have already developed the code to prevent this from happening, but I havent released it to the updater just yet - there are several other changes in there that I need to test out first.

So, we can get you going in the meantime:

Search and download WinSCP
    Connect to your Zee by entering the IP address.
    the username is homeseer - the password could be what you set it to when you installed your Zee.
    Try SFTP first, if that doesnt work, try FTP.

This will give you a windows-style interface to your Zee.

navigate to the /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config folder and click on the HAI.ini then delete.

Restart the plugin and you should be good to go.
    Awesome! Thanks for posting this.

Leave a comment:

• sjht
    replied
    Success! Was able to delete the file and made sure I entered the port correctly this time. Thanks. SJ

Leave a comment:

• sjht
    replied
    I have already developed the code to prevent this from happening, but I havent released it to the updater just yet - there are several other changes in there that I need to test out first.

the username is homeseer - the password could be what you set it to when you installed your Zee.

navigate to the /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config folder and click on the HAI.ini then delete.

OK. Will try that now. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• sjht
    replied
    Executing the command did not work. I cut/pasted it directly into the box. It indicates it is running, but nothing ever happens and still can't get back to the HAI config page! SJ

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Originally posted by sjht View Post
    Since I don't have faith the above will work and since I just set this thing up, can I use any of the HS3 Recovery Procedures or System Restore to start over? There really needs to be something simpler to do if you enter incorrect panel information. Kind of frustrating at this point. Thanks for your help. SJ

Leave a comment:

• sjht
    replied
    Since I don't have faith the above will work and since I just set this thing up, can I use any of the HS3 Recovery Procedures or System Restore to start over? There really needs to be something simpler to do if you enter incorrect panel information. Kind of frustrating at this point. Thanks for your help. SJ

Leave a comment:

• sjht
    replied
    Yes. I have a Zee. I have run that exact command several times and it doesn't seem to do anything. The command appears on the screen, but I get no feedback, etc. and the HAI continues to hang when connecting (not getting me back to the confi screen). I've tried some of the example commands listed and they work fine with immediate results. Are you sure this works on a Zee? I will try again later today when I get home, but again, this was the first thing I tried after finding this thread with no luck. Thanks. SJ

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    How to you "open a File Explorer" in Windows and look at the HomeSeer (IP address)? Is this even possible? Please help explaining. Thanks as I'm pretty much stuck trying to delete the HAI file as I made a simple mistake in setting up. Seems like if it can't connect, it should allow you to enter the corrected information without resorting to all of this. Regardless, appreciate help. Thanks. SJ
    I'm a newbie with his. What root folder are you referring to? The root folder on the physical device? How do I get to this? Do I need to plug it into my computer vs. IP address? Thanks. SJ
    It sounds like you are running on a Zee instead of Windows.

Inside HomeSeer, from a browser:
    Click on Tools -> System -> Linux Tools
    run this command:
    sudo rm /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/HAI.ini

Leave a comment:

• sjht
    replied
    If you are on windows, I provided a hspi Uninstaller executable in the hs root folder

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    I'm a newbie with his. What root folder are you referring to? The root folder on the physical device? How do I get to this? Do I need to plug it into my computer vs. IP address? Thanks. SJ

Leave a comment:

• sjht
    replied
    Yes - open a File Explorer, and go to your HomeSeer/Config folder - it should be located in there.
    How to you "open a File Explorer" in Windows and look at the HomeSeer (IP address)? Is this even possible? Please help explaining. Thanks as I'm pretty much stuck trying to delete the HAI file as I made a simple mistake in setting up. Seems like if it can't connect, it should allow you to enter the corrected information without resorting to all of this. Regardless, appreciate help. Thanks. SJ

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    If you are on windows, I provided a hspi Uninstaller executable in the hs root folder

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• sjht
    replied
    Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
    Excellent. I think that is the part we were missing.
    I need some help understanding how to delete this file. I made a simple mistake in setting up (wrong port number) and now can't fix it. Deleteting the plug-in and reinstalling doens't help as for some reason all of the original HAI information seems to be retained even though you delete the plug-in. Thanks for any help. SJ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X