Simplisafe plug in crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simplisafe plug in crashing

Anyone experiencing some recent issues with Simplisafe crashing?

So I have been having some issues with events misfiring (like firing in the middle of the night when nothing has changed) based on simplisafe status changes recently.

Then this evening i noticed there were no more updates to simplisafe statuses in the device list. So i look at the logs and i see this over and over:
    Jan-09 10:56:11 PM Starting Plug-In SimpliSafe loaded in 15008 milliseconds
    Jan-09 10:55:56 PM Info Plugin SimpliSafe has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:50454
    Jan-09 10:55:56 PM Warning I/O interface SimpliSafe is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
    Jan-09 10:55:35 PM Info Plugin SimpliSafe with instance: has disconnected
    Jan-09 10:55:27 PM SimpliSafe 1/9/2020 10:55:27 PMStarting device creation 0
    Jan-09 10:55:27 PM User ID {"userId":XXXXX,"isAdmin":false}
    Jan-09 10:55:25 PM SimpliSafe Startup tasks beginning...
    Jan-09 10:55:25 PM Starting Plug-In Plugin SimpliSafe started successfully in 136 milliseconds
    Jan-09 10:55:25 PM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin SimpliSafe ...
    the plug in seems to not be starting. so i disabled...and it won't even let me re-enable because it says the plug in is "Loaded Remotely", and this shows up in the log over and over
    Jan-09 11:07:43 PM Error Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jan-09 11:07:41 PM Error Displaying remotely connected interfaces: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Tried uninstalling, reinstalling - same thing.

Looked in the event log, and it appears as if the executable is crashing - started on 1/9:

Log Name: Application
    Source: .NET Runtime
    Date: 1/9/2020 10:57:02 PM
    Event ID: 1026
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: HomeSeer
    Description:
    Application: HSPI_SimpliSafe.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.FormatException
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDoub le(System.String, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo)
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger (System.String)

Exception Info: System.InvalidCastException
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger (System.String)
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger (System.Object)
    at HSPI_SimpliSafe.CurrentPlugin.CheckAndCreateDevices()
    at HSPI_SimpliSafe.CurrentPlugin.StartupTasks()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Obj ect)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threadi ng.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Source: Application Error
    Date: 1/9/2020 10:57:02 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Description:
    Faulting application name: HSPI_SimpliSafe.exe, version: 3.0.0.2, time stamp: 0x5d962d85
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.535, time stamp: 0x5bd9df62
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x001135d2
    Faulting process id: 0x1d00
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5c769f777e94d
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_SimpliSafe.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 16695a13-cc45-4817-a472-bbbc2938e99f
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Source: Windows Error Reporting
    Date: 1/9/2020 10:57:03 PM
    Event ID: 1001
    Level: Information
    Description:
    Fault bucket 2010314416128480109, type 5
    Event Name: CLR20r3
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: HSPI_SimpliSafe.exe
    P2: 3.0.0.2
    P3: 5d962d85
    P4: mscorlib
    P5: 4.8.4075.0
    P6: 5dd8a2c1
    P7: 10a0
    P8: 96
    P9: System.InvalidCastException
    P10:

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER56B4.tmp.md mp
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER57FD.tmp.WE RInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER581D.tmp.xm l
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER5823.tmp.cs v
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER5853.tmp.tx t

These files may be available here:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCr ash_HSPI_SimpliSafe._c3c31b417769055d940af82c11194ebfbfd541b _b712f4e5_c44859b7-75e7-4270-bf68-0fafaa0e39da

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 16695a13-cc45-4817-a472-bbbc2938e99f
    Report Status: 268435456
    Hashed bucket: d21cb22dab4acde51be6124f742f536d
    Cab Guid: 0

........help?!

Thought i should also post the first crash that occurred on 1/9 - appears to be from a function that gets settings and sensor info

Source: .NET Runtime
    Date: 1/9/2020 6:18:48 AM
    Event ID: 1026
    Description:
    Application: HSPI_SimpliSafe.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
    at HSPI_SimpliSafe.CurrentPlugin.GetSettingsAndSensorInfoForSID (System.String, Boolean)
    at HSPI_SimpliSafe.CurrentPlugin.UpdateValuesForAlarmTimer(Syst em.Object)
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallbackInContext(Syste m.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threadi ng.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.Execu tionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()
    at System.Threading.TimerQueue.AppDomainTimerCallback(Int32)

I want to point out also - as of 3PM EST today i was able to access the plug in. I changed my events to fire off of the last alarm mode change TIME rather than the event of it actually changing - thinking maybe something changed on SS side.

Since then however, it has progressively got worse, and now the plug in crashes immediately after loading, then tries to reload - repeatedly forever.

Comment

I restored a previous VM hard disk from before the issue started, and it appears to be fixed now - Windows update maybe, idk - but all better now

Comment

Unfortunately I'm not running on a VM. This was working fine for a while until it suddenly stopped so I'm not really sure what to do.

Comment

Well, I figured it out I think. (And this might be why rolling back to a previous VM worked for you) This log line clued me into what might be the problem:

Code:
          Starting device creation 0
          Why would it be doing that? It already had all of the items created.
          But it seemed to fail immediately after that. Even uninstalling the plug-in hadn't helped. So I uninstalled and also wiped out all of the SS devices manually. After reinstalling the plug-in, it immediately started working. I don't know what was triggering it to recreate the devices (possibly something on the SS side since we both had issues around the same time) but maybe the plug-in needs a check to see if they already exist and a way to sync itself with them.

Comment

Working...
          X