Plugin no longer supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin no longer supported

I got an email from Homeseer support. Told me that they talked to the developer, and that they are pulling the plugin. I then asked what about the 40.00 I just blew on a plugin that doesn't work...They better refund my money..I literally just paid for it a few days ago and it never worked. Such a shame, nobody else has made a plugin for Homeseer for the Simplisafe alarm which is becoming very popular. This plugin worked great when I tried it in the trial version...

Originally posted by jonjonbear View Post
    I got an email from Homeseer support. Told me that they talked to the developer, and that they are pulling the plugin. I then asked what about the 40.00 I just blew on a plugin that doesn't work...They better refund my money..I literally just paid for it a few days ago and it never worked. Such a shame, nobody else has made a plugin for Homeseer for the Simplisafe alarm which is becoming very popular. This plugin worked great when I tried it in the trial version...
    I wonder if it is a licensing issue. I know someone wrote a fantastic AppleKit plugin (fraggel) and I think Apple came down and made the plugin get pulled. That one never came back. Maybe Simply Safe wants to get a cut of that $40. Does that plugin get stop working?
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

I wonder if Homeseer can support the plug-in? They brought many of the HS3 plug-ins into HS4. Did they say anything about that?

Comment

The plugin author is just mia

Comment

Was the plugin working in the trial period ?

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post

Was the plugin working in the trial period ?
            Yes it was. I had some issues, but got it working. The trial expired and I had too much going on to worry about it until now. So I went onto Homeseers webstore and paid for it, only to find it not working. So apparently I'm screwed. Homeseer customer support has totally ignored me. I can't believe they don't protect their customers from this sort of thing happening.

Comment

I know this sucks for you, but except for putting a banner on the plugin page (which they have), there is nothing much they can do.
              IMPORTANT: This software plugin is no longer supported. It will remain available for download in the HS3 updater but will not receive any future updates.
              Maybe you can ask for a refund? HST does not have the source code of this plugin, so they can not support it.

Comment

Homeseer customer support has totally ignored me. I can't believe they don't protect their customers from this sort of thing happening.
                What is your service desk ticket number?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post

What is your service desk ticket number?
                  Would it be this: HSCS-1281

Comment

I sure hope someone picks this up and develops it. The Simplisafe is really popular, and this plug in worked well when it worked.

Comment

Thanks Mark, I got the refund notification.

Comment

I sure hope someone picks this up and develops it. The Simplisafe is really popular, and this plug in worked well when it worked.
                        There's no official public API from the company so any plugin can be 'broken' fairly easily with an API change. That's the biggest problem.

Thanks Mark, I got the refund notification.
                        👍
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Is anyone still using this plugin with hs4?

Comment

Working...
                          X