Tigger alarm i.e Emergency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tigger alarm i.e Emergency

Hi all, is there any way to trigger the emergency/panic routine via an event to instantly set off the alarm? The same way a physical panic button works?

Thanks

I wasn't able to find a way to mimic pushing a panic button on my system. I am not sure if the Elk M1 supports triggering a police event via rules.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I've looked through the rules and can't find anyway of doing this
      All I can think of is buying another wireless panic button, and wiring the switch component to a relay triggered by an output.

Comment

If you have a ELK relay attached to the ELK panel, then you could wire the relay contacts to a input on the panel and define it as a panic alarm. I would not use wireless tech on this as it is prone to failure. This way you could keep all of this within the ELK enclosure as well.
        HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
          If you have a ELK relay attached to the ELK panel, then you could wire the relay contacts to a input on the panel and define it as a panic alarm. I would not use wireless tech on this as it is prone to failure. This way you could keep all of this within the ELK enclosure as well.
          Thanks, that's a great idea! Will look into this!

Comment

Working...
          X