Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UltraM1G and Alexa, thermostats & UPB lighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UltraM1G and Alexa, thermostats & UPB lighting?

Hi all,

I received an Echo for Christmas and I am trying to integrate it into everything I can as it seems pretty cool.

I have installed both the Homeseer SKill and the Homeseer Home Automation Skill.
    I have Homeseer set up with the UltraM1G plugin working and I have a few questions for those with more experience.

I have UPB lighting and Omnistat II serial thermostats. The lighting is standalone but also hooked into my Elk M1 for automation. THe Omnistat thermostats are connected only to the Elk via serial connection to one of their serial expander devices.

1st, I can control the UPB lighting via Echo but it seems to be just on and off commands. I can't dim or run any of the scenes. Is this because it's part of the UltraM1G plug in or I need to learn more? Do I need to run the UPB plug in to gain better control?

2nd, I can't seem to control the thermostats at all. I can see them in Homeseer and they are listed in the Homeseer list in the Alexa app but I don't seem to be able to get Alexa to accept any temperature change commands.
    Should I be able to control the thermostats using Alexa and the UltraM1G plugin or do I need a specific plug in for the Thermostats?

Thanks for any help provided!

Also, how about zwave locks?
    I have a couple of Kwikset zwave locks that my Elk M1 can tale to over the Elk zwave interface.
    Can I control them through the Elk M1 or do I need a seperate zwave interface for the Homeseer PC?
    If separate, can 2 interfaces access zwave locks???

Thanks!

Comment

I am working through the list you provided. The thermostat issue is resolved in the latest release. See https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...53#post1287653

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
      X