Unable to obtain basecode...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to obtain basecode...

I just did a major overhaul on my Elk system and a bunch of zones have been changed. I'm trying to resynchronize everything with my Homeseer2 UltraM1G but I'm having trouble.

When I click on a zone to try to add it as a device I get an error message

Failed to process selected Elk M1 zones due to an error: Unable to obtain base code for 'Zone' ; Try restaring HomeSeer.

I tried restarting but it makes no difference.

Any thoughts?

[edit] Problem solved. settings.ini had a , by itself in the excludecodes field. I removed it and the problem went away

Thanks!
    Last edited by MarkJames; February 21, 2017, 01:04 AM.

Wow, you're still using HS2 Try shutting down HomeSeer, then inspecting the UltraM1G INI configuration file to see if there is a house code associated with "Zone". If you have HS devices defined, try matching the house code with the other HomeSeer "Zone" devices. If you don't have any "Zone" devices defined, trying removing any entries associated with the "Zone" house code in the INI file.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

To be honest I have no interest in upgrading to HS3.

Most of my HA is run in ISY. I have some 140 or so Insteon devices in the house now. I use HS primarily (exclusively, really) for TTS and for Sprinkler control. I use your plugin to announce when zones are open/closed inappropriately and McS plugin to control my sprinklers. ISY can handle all the other logic and doesn't require me to have a PC running. Truly if ISY would a) support TTS (not possible, really) and b) have proper event management contingent upon time/date I would be able to ditch HS completely.

Thanks for your help, though! Much appreciated. I get a lot of use out of your plugin as well. I wrote my own routines to access the Elk from my webpage so I can appreciate all the hassle sending the checksummed messages back and forth to the Elk can be.

mark

Comment

So I managed to get my zones assigned codes but now I can't get a counter to assign a code.

This is the error I get

The following errors have been reported:

Failed to process selected Elk M1 counter due to an error: Unable to obtain base code for 'Counter' ; Try restaring HomeSeer.

The only references to counter in the hspi_ultram1g.ini file are
        • CounterPolling=All Defined Counters
        • Counters=1
        • [Counter Definitions]
        • 01=RoastMinutes|0|

In settings.ini there are no references to the word counter at all.

Any idea what to do next?

Thanks!

Comment

Counters were shared with another house code grouping. I am sorry, but I don't recall which one. This is why I am so glad HS3 doesn't use this method of assigning device codes. It was always a pain
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
          X