Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting dim values being transposed on restart

Hi Ultra,
    I thought I was going mad but it seems that the plugin transposes the dim levels of the lighting devices when ever the plugin or HS system restarts.

I have attached two screen shots, one before and one after the plugin is restarted. I set the values using the slider which sends the correct levels to the device (blind height in this case). The blinds move to the appropriate level. Then, without touching anything, I restart the plugin (or reboot the HS system) and the values get transposed. You can see in the second picture the dim values are the same.....but for different devices.

Has anyone else noticed this? I can run a debug log and send it to you.

Thanks, Marty.
    Attached Files
    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Hi Ultra,
    I have spent some time trying to work out what is going on with the plugin and lighting with restarts (by disabling and re-enabling the plugin or restarting HS).

It seems lights 1 through to 63 work fine. But lights 64 onward get corrupted on plugin startup. If light 64 (address Lighting064) is on and then I restart the plugin HS reports light 79 as being on and 64 as being off, even though physically light 64 is on.

If Lighting065 is on and I restart the plugin it changes Lighting064 to on and Lighting065 to off, even though there are no physical changes (i.e.light 65 stays on).

It seems to me that the plugin is inserting the wrong values from 64 and above on start up. If I use a physical wall switch to turn a light on and off it works fine with the correct HS device changing accordingly.

I can make a video or send you the logs is that helps?

Thanks, Marty.

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Interesting... I am checking this now.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

D'oh! I am 1 off when loading the light states for banks 1,2,3! I'll fix this today and make an update here when done.

Thank you for reporting this!

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

UltraM1G3 HSPI version 3.0.6319.33899 was just posted that fixes the issue you reported.

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks for solving this. I have updated the plugin and it seems to be working well.

It did reset all all the Value/Status pairs but that is no big deal. I can redo those.

Thanks again. Marty

PS. not to sound demanding but if you get a chance to look at the volume issue (the proficient reporting half the set volume thingy) that would be awesome.

M

Comment

Sorry, I forgot about this. I need to figure out how to programmatically determine what's connected so I only divide the volume by 2 when a Russound audio device is connected. I'll get this fixed this week.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

The audio issue you reported should be fixed as of UltraM1G3 HSPI version 3.0.6324.35901. Please download, install, then go to Options > Elk M1 Distributed Audio System > Distributed Audio System and select Proficient

Comment

Thanks Ultra,

That did the trick....kind of.
                  I think there is an issue with the M1G and how it handles proficient commands, or maybe it's the plugin.

Now the plugin is sending the correct value (i.e. not half) to the M1G, but the value that is returned is not the same. For example setting the volume to 30% with the plugin actually returns 19. And 40% returns 25, 50% returns 35, 60% returns 48........90% returns 97 and 100% returns 100%.

I tried testing this internally in the M1G by making a test rule (if zone becomes bypassed set volume to 30%). When this internal rule is triggered the plugin sees the volume as 19%, as above.

I'm not sure if the M1G is setting/reading the wrong value or the plugin is reading the wrong value.

Interestingly the control specification for the amp states that there are only certain valid values for the volume (see attachment).

I have searched the net for any documentation of this problem but haven't seen anything. The next step is to email ELK themselves to see if they know what is going on.

Also, a minor annoyance. It seems that every time the plugin gets updated all the value/status and value/graphic pairs of the devices from the plugin get reset to default values. I spent a few hours last weekend re-doing all the pairs (e.g. changing blinds to open/close from on/off etc) and using my custom graphics which I use in HSMetro. But now they are all back to the default settings after updating the plugin. And I also control thermostats via the lighting system (using Clipsal CBus). I edit the device types and subtypes to 'thermostat' to get these working. These also get reset on upgrading the plugin.

Is there a way to stop this from happening? Or some technique I can use to get them back from a backup or something? Or would using a backup be a bad idea?

Thanks again for you work on this. And sorry to keep bringing up problems.

Marty.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mminehan; April 25, 2017, 11:08 PM.

Comment

So I did a little more snooping into the RS232 commands being sent and received.

Setting the volume to 30 does indeed send the correct command to the M1G:

26/04/2017 14:55:03...Debug~~!~~ControlAudioZone() is setting audio zone 01, command VolumeSet, source 01 to 030.
                    26/04/2017 14:55:03...Debug~~!~~Sending command: 'cd10010103000' to Elk M1, attempt # 1
                    26/04/2017 14:55:03...Debug~~!~~Entered SendToM1G() function.
                    26/04/2017 14:55:03...Debug~~!~~Sending 0Fcd10010103000AD
                    to M1G via Ethernet.
                    26/04/2017 14:55:03...Debug~~!~~Waiting for the M1 to respond with 'CD' for up to 1.5 seconds...
                    26/04/2017 14:55:04...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string '0FCD10010103000ED
                    '
                    26/04/2017 14:55:04...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessCommand() subroutine.
                    But the M1G replies with the volume set at 19:

26/04/2017 14:55:04...Debug~~!~~Processing response [CD]
                    26/04/2017 14:55:04...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessReceived() function with a string '20CA0100101905005000500000000000BF
                    '
                    26/04/2017 14:55:04...Debug~~!~~Entered ProcessCommand() subroutine.
                    You can see the '019' in the CA reply.

Also I checked the amp itself using another control port and the amp is set to a volume of 19% when the command for 30 is sent.

So I figure this is not a problem with the plugin. It's the way the M1G communicates with the amp. I guess I will have to contact ELK themselves to ask why this is.

Thanks again for your time, Marty.

PS...just the value/status/graphic pairs and device types not resetting...when you get a chance.

Comment

I have heard back from ELK regarding the Proficient system. I'll continue this discussion in the audio thread.

Marty

Comment

Working...
                      X