Newbie, trying to Bypass a zone violation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie, trying to Bypass a zone violation

Brand new to the Elk M1 system and the plugin. I'm a Homeseer integrator trying to help my customer integrate his Elk system into our custom app.
    I can see the correct Area Arm/Disarmed status in HS4, and also the correct Zone status (Normal, Violated).
    I've searched the forum and confirmed the following:
    • User code is set in the plugin Areas menu
    • ElkRP: Access is NOT checked under User Authorization
    • ElkRP: the zone is set to "Bypassable"

I can bypass the zone from the user's keypad, and the status in the HS4 plugin changes from Violated to Bypassed.
    But I cannot send a Bypass command from HS4. I select "Zone Bypass" in the dropdown, and the log shows: No response/improper response from Elk M1 to command 'zb0260002345'

Bump. No replies so far. Still hoping someone has some guidance on this for me. Thanks.

Comment

dweingartner I don't see a way to do this directly from in Homeseer either HS3 of HS4. However, you can bypass a zone by constructing an event within HS4 that runs an Elk M1G task. The task should activate an Elk M1G rule. The M1G rules engine will allow you to bypass a zone. If the condition you want to access is available within the M1G you can just construct a rule that bypass the zone or zones you're interested in.

Comment

dweingartner I do now see a way to do this. Using the Easytrigger plugin, you can, in an Event, set an M1G Zone to the value 4, which is the bypass value.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-20 173548.png
Views:	75
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1546916

Comment

Working...
        X