Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request - Elk Counter Support

Ultra,

Would it be possible to add either a 1 way or 2 way interface to the counter area of elk? What I really would like is to be able to read the counter name and the value. What would be even better is to read the counter names and change the counter values.
    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Originally posted by kuntakintay View Post
    Ultra,

Would it be possible to add either a 1 way or 2 way interface to the counter area of elk? What I really would like is to be able to read the counter name and the value. What would be even better is to read the counter names and change the counter values.
    Are you talking about the Custom Values? If so, its referenced in the ASII Protocol docs and should be fairly easy to add.

Can you give an example of how you would want to read and set these values?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I think we are referring to the same thing, but not sure... When in elk rp, maximize automation, and there is a section called counters. Here you have counters 1-64 which you can name. These are like virtual placeholders, and within the elk automation programming logic I can set a number, or add 1 or subtract 1 to the current counter value based on an elk event. For example, I use this to keep track of how many alarms, arms, disarms, telephone calls in a day, etc. Example, if system is disarmed, add 1 to disarm counter...

What would be ideal is for within the plugin to have a counter tab similar to the output tab, with the ability to see counters 1-64 and be able to select which counters to create hs devices for them. The hs device would have the elk counter name and show the counter value. In the perfect world, it would be nice to be able to change counter from hs as well (via set device value command in scripts) and have your plugin send the new counter value to elk (2 way communication). This would basically allow me unlimited scripting to interface hs and elk as you can set a counter value for just about anything.

Thanks for considering to add this functionality.

Toby
      HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Working...
      X