Newbie Question for "UltraJones"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Question for "UltraJones"

I recently and for the first time automated my newly remodelled home. I am using an elk M1 Gold panel, ethernet interface, alarm system monitoring using an ethernet/voicoverip abn device, wired and some wireless caddx security sensors, upb for lighting, some IR. I am interested in HS because of the voice command, telephone, better IR, and web it adds to the mix and because I should get more rule capacity and more flexible rule authoring (right?). The question is should I/can I buy the homeseer pro device, interface it using your ultra m1 plugin or should I just use HS software and your plugin, using ethernet connect on my home pc? What would be the advantage to the pro series controller over just the software route? do you know? Is it just that I don't have to have a pc running all the time or does it offer more functionality than the pc/sw route? thanks for any advice or guidance you might have.

BTW, your new plugin is completely different from the free one that has been available as a plugin for some time right? It looks to be. sorry if all of this is very basic but I am new to the HS world. Thanks V

Originally posted by vdeangel View Post
    I recently and for the first time automated my newly remodelled home. I am using an elk M1 Gold panel, ethernet interface, alarm system monitoring using an ethernet/voicoverip abn device, wired and some wireless caddx security sensors, upb for lighting, some IR. I am interested in HS because of the voice command, telephone, better IR, and web it adds to the mix and because I should get more rule capacity and more flexible rule authoring (right?). The question is should I/can I buy the homeseer pro device, interface it using your ultra m1 plugin or should I just use HS software and your plugin, using ethernet connect on my home pc? What would be the advantage to the pro series controller over just the software route? do you know? Is it just that I don't have to have a pc running all the time or does it offer more functionality than the pc/sw route? thanks for any advice or guidance you might have.
    You should probably direct this question to HomeSeer. I have no knowledge of the HomeSeer Pro device.

When I first started using HomeSeer, I also didn't like the idea of having a PC running 24 x 7. I ended up building a box from the ground up and ended up with a pretty rock solid, quiet device. I am happy with my stand alone PC used for home automation and as a PVR.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
    X