X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• petez69
    replied
    Ultra

Just want to say thankyou for your ongoing development, this plugin rocks...good work mate !

Pete

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    I added triggers and actions for counter 1 - 64. It will be available in the next release. I couldn't add conditions as HomeSeer only support 2 values (I would need 3: Counter Name, Condition, Value).

I'll look into adding simliar support for Custom Settings.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• bdhall
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    Elk M1 Counter support was added as of UltraM1G version 1.1.3136.17868.

Ultrajones,

Thank you for adding the counter support, this is good news and will be very helpful when working with scripts.

I was wondering if there are any plans for making the custom values and counters accessable from events as triggers and conditions, and possibly under actions to change their value? I was thinking about the way you have zones and outputs set up where they can be used directly without requiring that a HomeSeer Device be created. I like this approach as it seems a little cleaner to me.

Thanks again for all you do,

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Elk M1 Counter support was added as of UltraM1G version 1.1.3136.17868.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yes, I plan on adding support for counters, but it will take some time as the current counters commands don't fit into the current design. I don't see a command that supports "reply with all counter values" so keeping the counters updated would require a lot of unnecessary polling. I don't think Elk put a lot of thought into the counter support.
    Maybe one alternative would be to create a text string on M1G which include the %CTR% variable, create rule to send text out port 0 on M1G (say every minute) and let the plugin process the data as output.

Leave a comment:

• bdhall
    replied
    1) Order an Elk M1XRF2G.
    2) Load the Elk M1 5.x firmware.
    3) Re-configure all my wireless devices.
    4) Add support for counters by creating a thread that will read or write counter values on demand.

I hope to have the updated posted by mid June.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

I didn't realize you had wireless devices. It seems rather unfortunate for you to have to be out the expense of the Elk M1XRF2G just to add the counter support. If your only reason for making the purchase is to add this feature, would it be eaiser on the budget to load the version 5 firmware long enough to add the support and then change back to version 4 firmware? Just a thought.

Thanks for the update.

Brian
    Last edited by bdhall; May 24, 2008, 10:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    1) Order an Elk M1XRF2G.
    2) Load the Elk M1 5.x firmware.
    3) Re-configure all my wireless devices.
    4) Add support for counters by creating a thread that will read or write counter values on demand.

I hope to have the updated posted by mid June.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• bdhall
    replied
    Ultrajones,

Any idea how this is going to play out?

Brian

Leave a comment:

• bdhall
    replied
    Yes, I plan on adding support for counters, but it will take some time as the current counters commands don't fit into the current design. I don't see a command that supports "reply with all counter values" so keeping the counters updated would require a lot of unnecessary polling. I don't think Elk put a lot of thought into the counter support.
    If the "reply with all counter values" is not available, as a workaround instead of constant polling what if you could execute a command to read an individual counter value from the M1, but only when you need to see that value. It may be slower than having all the values pulled in and available, but if it would provide some access to counters it would certainly beat what we have now(nothing). I have not yet looked at the new command, but it sounds like you have. Would something like this work?

Also, perhaps Spanky will chime in with his thoughts.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bdhall
    replied
    Ultrajones,

I am using Firmware Version 5.1.8. I am not using a wireless receiver but I thought if I ever did I would likely use the Elk product. I went with this version because Elk had indicated that there would be some memory available for features to be added that there would not be room for in the version 4 firmware due to memory constraints. Evidently the support of the Elk receiver requires less memory than for the GE (Caddx) receiver. I hope you will be able to make the counter support available for those of us using the version 5 firmware.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by brian270999 View Post
    Ultrajones,

Do you have any idea how long it will be before the counter support will be added? I am not trying to rush you, just trying to decide how to proceed on a project I am working on where the counter support would be a big plus.

I installed the new Elk firmware last night, all went well except that I had to add and register "msinet.ocx" that was not present on my Vista machine. Once I added this file all went well.

Thanks again!
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• bdhall
    replied
    Originally posted by brian270999 View Post
    Originally Posted by Ultrajones
    Spanky from Elk indicated counters would be available in the next firmware release. I'll add support for it shortly after they release the firmware update ...

Ultrajones,

The new Elk M1 firmware update is released and available for download on their website. The release notes mention support for reading and writing counters. The counter support will be very helpful once you are able to add it to your plugin.

Thanks!
    Brian
    Ultrajones,

Do you have any idea how long it will be before the counter support will be added? I am not trying to rush you, just trying to decide how to proceed on a project I am working on where the counter support would be a big plus.

I installed the new Elk firmware last night, all went well except that I had to add and register "msinet.ocx" that was not present on my Vista machine. Once I added this file all went well.

Thanks again!
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• bdhall
    replied
    Elk M1 firmware update released!

Originally Posted by Ultrajones
    Spanky from Elk indicated counters would be available in the next firmware release. I'll add support for it shortly after they release the firmware update ...

Ultrajones,

The new Elk M1 firmware update is released and available for download on their website. The release notes mention support for reading and writing counters. The counter support will be very helpful once you are able to add it to your plugin.

Thanks!
    Brian

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Typo in docs fixed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X