This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScottKemp View Post
    2 issues are hampering my use of this plug in.

1) Allow the plug in to utilize multiple areas. The areas show up in the areas list (Elk Ultra plug in page), but the check box to enable them is disabled. Can only enable the first area. It also shows they are unnamed when I know they are named.
    I know this was an issue a few versions ago. Please make sure you are running at least version 1.1.2773, then click UltraM1G > Status > Reload Data. That should allow the plug-in to pull the names of the other areas so the check box is enable.

2) Get access to the voltage from an alalog input. I have several input s that are reading custom voltages and I need that information in Home Seer.

Any idea if these are going to happen?

Scott
    I don't have a voltage zone, so I have never tested that feature. I just enabled zone voltage updates in the version I just posted to the HomeSeer updater. Please test it and let me know if it works.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
      Rather than showing secure/violated on the status page, could you show on/off and a different icon ?

Cheers..Pete
      Feature has been implemented as of version 1.1.2787.38902.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks Ultra, have installed and looks great, thanks for the update.

Good work....

Pete
        Last edited by petez69; August 19, 2007, 11:21 PM.
        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          I know this was an issue a few versions ago. Please make sure you are running at least version 1.1.2773, then click UltraM1G > Status > Reload Data. That should allow the plug-in to pull the names of the other areas so the check box is enable.

I don't have a voltage zone, so I have never tested that feature. I just enabled zone voltage updates in the version I just posted to the HomeSeer updater. Please test it and let me know if it works.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          The reload fixed the area problem. Thanks!

The analog zone shows up and I was able to make it a device. But 1) In the Ultra config, the value is rounded/truncated to the nearest integer. In the stats page of home seer, there is no value at all for the zone.

Thanks,

Scott

Comment

Hi Ultra

ELK will be releasing new binaries for the M1G in 1-2 weeks. There is a new command being implemented for system troubles, looks interesting.

If you'd like to PM me with your e-mail, I can send you the latest updated serial document..

Cheers..Pete
            HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

When adding HomeSeer devices for thermostats, could you make it so the each of the thermostat items can be added individually. Example is I have 2 RCS16 thermostats which do not report humidity, so I would like to not add this as a HS device. Also one thermostat controls both the AC and heat, but the other is only a furnace so it would be nice on the second thermostat not to add the cool set point as a HS device.

Could you also add HS logging of device status changes coming from the Elk and use the check box in the HS device "Do not log commands from this device" as the option to add or not add the device changes to the HS log from the Elk. This could be useful with UltraLog and querys to track how many times a specific elk zone/input/output/etc changed over a period of time.

The Pod

Comment

Originally posted by MPodlin View Post
                When adding HomeSeer devices for thermostats, could you make it so the each of the thermostat items can be added individually. Example is I have 2 RCS16 thermostats which do not report humidity, so I would like to not add this as a HS device. Also one thermostat controls both the AC and heat, but the other is only a furnace so it would be nice on the second thermostat not to add the cool set point as a HS device.
                I can add this to the feature request list. In the mean time, just delete the ones you don't want. They won't be re-created and will be ignored by the plug-in. Just don't delete the mode devices as this is the primary thermostat device.

Could you also add HS logging of device status changes coming from the Elk and use the check box in the HS device "Do not log commands from this device" as the option to add or not add the device changes to the HS log from the Elk. This could be useful with UltraLog and querys to track how many times a specific elk zone/input/output/etc changed over a period of time.
                The Pod
                This feature should already in there for zones, inputs, outputs, etc.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Could you add some additional thermostat triggers, conditions, and actions?

Triggers and Conditions:
                  • mode set to Heat, Cool, Auto or Off.
                  • temp equals.

Actions:
                  • Set CoolSetPoint or set HeatSetPoint
                  • Set mode to Heat, Cool, Auto or Off.

I have a couple Elk rules now to adjust the thermostat down at night and back up in the morning, but once and awhile the elk seems to miss adjusting the thermostat. I'd like to fire off a HS event to check the thermostats 10 minutes after the elk should have adjusted them, and if they aren't set to the correct temp, have HS and UltraM1G adjust them.

The Pod

Comment

I have a couple Elk rules now to adjust the thermostat down at night and back up in the morning, but once and awhile the elk seems to miss adjusting the thermostat.
                    That missed thermostat command issue is known by Elk and should be fixed in the next firmware update for the serial expander....

Comment

Could you add some additional thermostat triggers, conditions, and actions?

Triggers and Conditions:
                      • mode set to Heat, Cool, Auto or Off.
                      • temp equals.
                      I believe you can use a Device Value change to detect this. Within your HomeSeer event, select the Condition Tab, then select "Device Value Change", then select the HomeSeer device.

Actions:
                      • Set CoolSetPoint or set HeatSetPoint
                      • Set mode to Heat, Cool, Auto or Off.
                      These 2 options are already available. You access them though the CoolSetPoint, HeatSetPoint or Mode HomeSeer device. In the Event Action Tab, just select "Device Action", then select the HomeSeer device.

I have a couple Elk rules now to adjust the thermostat down at night and back up in the morning, but once and awhile the elk seems to miss adjusting the thermostat. I'd like to fire off a HS event to check the thermostats 10 minutes after the elk should have adjusted them, and if they aren't set to the correct temp, have HS and UltraM1G adjust them.

The Pod
                      As stated by Chakara, this is a known issue and appears to be corrected in the next M1XSP firmware release. I have been testing it and it seems to be MUCH better and executing the commands.

Firing off an event to "check the thermostat" won't work because the Elk M1 already thinks the value is correct. Elk Tech Support recommends just sending the command again. Hopefully the new M1XSP firmware will eliminate the need for this additional step.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

New Feature

Originally posted by ScottKemp View Post
                        A couple more things related to above...

When creating an event using Elk Zones/Outputs for either the trigger combo box or the action combo box, they are listed as "Output 1", "Output 2", etc, rather than what I named them in Homeseer or even ElkRP for that matter.

I would prefer to see the Home seer name in that list as I will be having possibly as many as a 100 inputs and outputs and trying to keep the numbers straight will be tough.

Thanks!

Scott
                        UltraM1G version 1.1.2922.27929 adds Area, Keypad, User, Zone, Output and Task names to HomeSeer triggers, conditions and actions.

Comment

Would be nice to be able to write to custom values, I control my sprinkler zone times and hvac program via custom values.

Comment

Originally posted by jlegault View Post
                            Would be nice to be able to write to custom values, I control my sprinkler zone times and hvac program via custom values.
                            Writing to custom settings should be available in the latest version.

I'll be posting an update in the next few days that will include documenation and a few new features. The docs should show how to write to the custom settings ...

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

Need access to variables

From another post last year:

"I checked with Elk Tech Support and there is no way to get access to the 64 counters using the ASCII Protocol." Has there been any change on this? - would be a very handy feature since the custom values are limited to 20.

I tried to figure a way to use the lighting for storing and retrieving variables without having the PLC connected but that looks like a no go.

Unless the counter access has changed, I guess that leaves using outputs as the last option. I noticed a feature request for adding GetOutputStatus to scripting API. Any idea if/when we will see this?

Thanks!
                              Brian

Comment

Spanky from Elk indicated counters would be available in the next firmware release. I'll add support for it shortly after they release the firmware update ...

Comment

Working...
                                X