Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UltraM1G HSPI - Feature Requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    Spanky from Elk indicated counters would be available in the next firmware release. I'll add support for it shortly after they release the firmware update ...
    This is great news and will help a lot. Thank you for checking on this.

    Are you still planning to add support for reading the status of individual outputs?

    Thanks!
    Brian

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by brian270999 View Post
      This is great news and will help a lot. Thank you for checking on this.

      Are you still planning to add support for reading the status of individual outputs?

      Thanks!
      Brian
      bump

      Comment


      • #63
        I just added GetZoneState() and GetOutputState to UltraM1G HSPI version 1.1.3060.26371. Check out the UltraM1G Users Guide for an example on how to use them.
        Last edited by Ultrajones; May 18th, 2008, 03:35 PM.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          I just added GetZoneState() and GetOutputState to UltraM1G HSPI version 1.1.3060.26371. Check out the UltraM1G Users Guide for an example on how to use them.
          Ultrajones,

          I tried the GetOuputState Function and it looks good.

          I did notice a minor typo in the docs:

          Dim strOutputName = Zone("Name")
          Dim strOutputStatus = Zone("Status")
          Dim strOutputLastChange = Zone("LastChange")

          I believe you intended to have "Output" instead of "Zone" in your example.

          Thanks for the update, it will be a big help.

          Brian

          Comment


          • #65
            Typo in docs fixed.
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

            Comment


            • #66
              Elk M1 firmware update released!

              Originally Posted by Ultrajones
              Spanky from Elk indicated counters would be available in the next firmware release. I'll add support for it shortly after they release the firmware update ...

              Ultrajones,

              The new Elk M1 firmware update is released and available for download on their website. The release notes mention support for reading and writing counters. The counter support will be very helpful once you are able to add it to your plugin.

              Thanks!
              Brian

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by brian270999 View Post
                Originally Posted by Ultrajones
                Spanky from Elk indicated counters would be available in the next firmware release. I'll add support for it shortly after they release the firmware update ...

                Ultrajones,

                The new Elk M1 firmware update is released and available for download on their website. The release notes mention support for reading and writing counters. The counter support will be very helpful once you are able to add it to your plugin.

                Thanks!
                Brian
                Ultrajones,

                Do you have any idea how long it will be before the counter support will be added? I am not trying to rush you, just trying to decide how to proceed on a project I am working on where the counter support would be a big plus.

                I installed the new Elk firmware last night, all went well except that I had to add and register "msinet.ocx" that was not present on my Vista machine. Once I added this file all went well.

                Thanks again!
                Brian

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by brian270999 View Post
                  Ultrajones,

                  Do you have any idea how long it will be before the counter support will be added? I am not trying to rush you, just trying to decide how to proceed on a project I am working on where the counter support would be a big plus.

                  I installed the new Elk firmware last night, all went well except that I had to add and register "msinet.ocx" that was not present on my Vista machine. Once I added this file all went well.

                  Thanks again!
                  Brian
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Ultrajones,

                    I am using Firmware Version 5.1.8. I am not using a wireless receiver but I thought if I ever did I would likely use the Elk product. I went with this version because Elk had indicated that there would be some memory available for features to be added that there would not be room for in the version 4 firmware due to memory constraints. Evidently the support of the Elk receiver requires less memory than for the GE (Caddx) receiver. I hope you will be able to make the counter support available for those of us using the version 5 firmware.

                    Brian

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Yes, I plan on adding support for counters, but it will take some time as the current counters commands don't fit into the current design. I don't see a command that supports "reply with all counter values" so keeping the counters updated would require a lot of unnecessary polling. I don't think Elk put a lot of thought into the counter support.
                      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                        Yes, I plan on adding support for counters, but it will take some time as the current counters commands don't fit into the current design. I don't see a command that supports "reply with all counter values" so keeping the counters updated would require a lot of unnecessary polling. I don't think Elk put a lot of thought into the counter support.
                        If the "reply with all counter values" is not available, as a workaround instead of constant polling what if you could execute a command to read an individual counter value from the M1, but only when you need to see that value. It may be slower than having all the values pulled in and available, but if it would provide some access to counters it would certainly beat what we have now(nothing). I have not yet looked at the new command, but it sounds like you have. Would something like this work?

                        Also, perhaps Spanky will chime in with his thoughts.

                        Brian

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Ultrajones,

                          Any idea how this is going to play out?

                          Brian

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            1) Order an Elk M1XRF2G.
                            2) Load the Elk M1 5.x firmware.
                            3) Re-configure all my wireless devices.
                            4) Add support for counters by creating a thread that will read or write counter values on demand.

                            I hope to have the updated posted by mid June.

                            Regards,
                            Ultrajones
                            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                              1) Order an Elk M1XRF2G.
                              2) Load the Elk M1 5.x firmware.
                              3) Re-configure all my wireless devices.
                              4) Add support for counters by creating a thread that will read or write counter values on demand.

                              I hope to have the updated posted by mid June.

                              Regards,
                              Ultrajones

                              I didn't realize you had wireless devices. It seems rather unfortunate for you to have to be out the expense of the Elk M1XRF2G just to add the counter support. If your only reason for making the purchase is to add this feature, would it be eaiser on the budget to load the version 5 firmware long enough to add the support and then change back to version 4 firmware? Just a thought.

                              Thanks for the update.

                              Brian
                              Last edited by bdhall; May 24th, 2008, 10:20 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                                Yes, I plan on adding support for counters, but it will take some time as the current counters commands don't fit into the current design. I don't see a command that supports "reply with all counter values" so keeping the counters updated would require a lot of unnecessary polling. I don't think Elk put a lot of thought into the counter support.
                                Maybe one alternative would be to create a text string on M1G which include the %CTR% variable, create rule to send text out port 0 on M1G (say every minute) and let the plugin process the data as output.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X