hs.exec for output control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hs.exec for output control

Would it be possible to add the ability to use hs.exec to control outputs? The reason I need this ability is because I use mcssprinklers and that is how they control hs devices. My sprinklers valves are connected to the elk panel relays and that is how I have been controlling them. By not having the abilities to use hs.exec to control the outputs, I loose my abilities to control my sprinklers this way.

Thoughts?

The hs.ExecX10 method results in a SETIO call from HS to a plugin. The plugin needs to use the command parameter provided by HS to determine the context of what it needs to do. I believe HS provides command values of 2 and 3 when mcsSprinklers turns a valve ON and OFF.

Comment

Michael or chrkov,

Please explain how the mcssprinklers plug-in would be used to control devices owned by the Elk M1G plug-in. The data provided so far is not enough for me to work from.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Basically, in mcs sprinklers, I can define HS devices to use as output controllers. So if I enter *40, I can use the device at *40 to control a electronic water value. *40 points to one of my relays in my elk using your plugin. So when a water cycle is needed on that zone, mcssprinklers will issues a hs.execx10 on to *40 to turn the valve 'on' and a hs.execx10 off to *40 to turn the valve 'off'.

Does that make sense? Hope that didnt confuse you.

Comment

That helps. Let me see what I can do.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

It's not working...

I have an output defined to "[12" which is owned by UltraM1G. I run the command &hs.execx10 "[12", 2, but HomeSeer never calls SetIO in the plug-in.

Can mcssprinklers call hs.SetDeviceValue?

Example:

Turn Elk M1 output Off:
              hs.SetDeviceValue "[12", 0

Turn Elk M1 Output On:
              hs.SetDeviceValue "[12", 1

Comment

No.. I talked to Michael and he stated he only uses hs.execx10 for control of HS devices.

Comment

UltraJones,

Any luck on implementing this?

Comment

chrkov,

I finally had a bit of time to review your request in detail. I also reviewed input from another developer and decided not to add support for hs.execX10. The decision was based on demand, the code changes required to the existing SetIO routines and that my plug-in doesn't support X10 on/off values.

You may want to talk with Michael to see if hs is willing to add support for hs.SetDeviceValue.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                    X