• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger event - Zone violated - Multiple triggers

Hi All

I've just setup an event

Trigger - Condition - Zone 17 violated
    Action - Speak Door Open

The system speaks open once then the action is triggered repeatedly when X10 codes are received from Hawkeyes when I move about the house with Zone 17 still violated. I turned the debug on however I didnt see ELK sending the violated message more than the first time.

Is there another trigger I should be using as there is something a little odd here :-)

** Update **

I forgot I left the event enabled and when I opened the door later this evening and simply stood in the entry foyer, it just kept repeating the word open (as defined in the event)

Any thoughts ?
    Last edited by petez69; May 2, 2007, 07:20 AM.
    HS 2.2.0.11

you can use the "can't retrigger for" xx seconds line, or use a "has become" type trigger instead of the "is violated" type trigger.

Comment

Hi Karib

Ok, device value changed, becomes violated appears to work. Cannot be retrigered for xx would definately not be the way to go on a front door of a house, who knows how long the door is going to be open....

I've noticed with a number of plugins, the triggers all work differently, I see with this one that the trigger is available under condition however it really doesnt work as expected under condition, yet works under device value change....

I wonder if condition is supposed to continually retrigger or its a one off...

Pete
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Conditional is constantly evaluated, so if it's "true" it will always fire unless you restrict it somehow. I got caught with this one before

Comment

Karib

In the end, thats what I thought. Thanks for the reply...

Cheers..Pete
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

I had an event set to trigger the GSM modem on alarm, unfortunately it was a condition. Had about 30 sms's bang out today when I accidently set off the alarm today :-)

Also noticed it must have queued a bunch of actions as HS slowed down, the aircon thermostat didnt respond and other events seemed to go missing.

Morale of the story, "Alarm state Value becomes equal to Burglar Alarm" should be your trigger :-)

Cheers..Pete..

better go and see how much credit I have on my pre-paid sim :-)
            HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Originally posted by petez69 View Post
              Hi All

I've just setup an event

Trigger - Condition - Zone 17 violated
              Action - Speak Door Open

The system speaks open once then the action is triggered repeatedly when X10 codes are received from Hawkeyes when I move about the house with Zone 17 still violated. I turned the debug on however I didnt see ELK sending the violated message more than the first time.

Is there another trigger I should be using as there is something a little odd here :-)

** Update **

I forgot I left the event enabled and when I opened the door later this evening and simply stood in the entry foyer, it just kept repeating the word open (as defined in the event)

Any thoughts ?
              Are you using the Elk M1 Zone Status trigger or a device value trigger?
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
              X