Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat Hold vs Auto

All,

Originally had this posted as a question, but I believe I've figured it out myself, so will post the info in case someone else needs it one day.

When the plugin is in "auto" mode for the thermostat hold settings, Elk Rules that affect the heat / cool setpoint appear to be ignored (at least none of mine were processed) by the thermostat itself. When the plugin is placed in "hold" mode for the thermostat hold settings, these Elk rules process without any problem, and the thermostat changes per the Elk rules.

It seems a bit counter-intuitive to me, but I'm sure there is some reason for using these terms like this. Hope this is helpful to someone searching the board for this one day.

Joe
    Last edited by Madcodger; November 11, 2007, 02:05 PM. Reason: Found Answer
    Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Joe

Not sure if that is correct. When the thermostat is in HOLD mode, it stops the events from running on the Thermostat. The HOLD would overide the auto settings as I'm sure AUTO only means managing the temps between the high and low setpoints.

I dont think the plugin has any logic around this, only to set the thermostat into those modes via commands..

Cheers..Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Hi, Pete. Nice to hear from you.

Well, I'm stumped, then, as to why auto would shut down the stat from running Elk rules. But I checked it about six different times using changes of small increments, large increments, and up and down from current temp. Auto wouldn't allow them to run, but hold allowed the rules to run each time.

I checked it again for this evening's lowering of the stat setpoint, and it again worked fine. Is there such a thing as "correct for me"?

I guess I'll leave the post as is, in case somebody is having trouble with it. At least it'll give them something to try. Maybe Ultra will see it and have some additional insight. So, for my system anyway, auto means "Elk stat rules won't run" and hold means "Elk stat rules run fine". Thanks for the reply, though - if this doesn't work for someone, they'll know there are other options.

Joe
      Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

What is an example Elk rule? I want to try and dupicate here ...
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
        X