Keypad display text formatting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keypad display text formatting question

Under event actions for keypad display can you insert variables in the text going to the display for things such as time of day, homeseer device values, etc.?

An example would be helpful.

Or would this have to be done using scripting?

Thanks!
    Brian

I was thinking about adding a feature to allow you to toggle though select HomeSeer devices to display their device string. That way you wouldn't need to script anything. Sound interesting?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      I was thinking about adding a feature to allow you to toggle though select HomeSeer devices to display their device string. That way you wouldn't need to script anything. Sound interesting?
      Sounds interesting but I do not fully understand what you have in mind.

Could you give a little more detail about what you are planning?

Any idea what the time table would be on implementing?

Thanks!
      Brian

Comment

I was kind of hoping to be able to add variables someday using the following script:

Sub Main(ByVal parm As Object)
        Dim strResults As String = ""
        strResults = hs.plugin("UltraM1G").DisplayTextOnLCD(1, 1, 1, 60, "%", "% ")
        If strResults.Length > 0 Then
        Call hs.WriteLog("Error", strResults)
        End If
        End Sub

But we ran into that Elk firmware issue that requires an upgrade.

If you have a way around it I would be interested.

Comment

HS3 Version??

I know this is an old post, but the title is just perfect. I'm trying to use DisplayTextOnLCD from HS3 and, of course, there is no hs.plugin call. hs.pluginfunction seems close, but I have no way of formatting a parameter array with all of the stuff needed for the function call.

The functionality works great when sent from a HS3 Event, but I wanted to use it from VB script.

Any suggestions on syntax?

Comment

Working...
          X