Zone Status not reporting correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zone Status not reporting correctly

I just purchased the plugin and the setup was quite easy, no problem. I created a few events to email me when "Zone Status" = "Violated", and it worked fine. The only issue I have is the HS Status - Last Changed does not reflect the time of the event.

My log entries are:
    3/26/2008 4:32:35 PM Info Event Trigger "Elk Back Door"
    3/26/2008 4:32:36 PM Info Email successfully sent to xxxx.com

Device status is:
    Secure ELK-M1 Back Door #20 Burglar Zone 18 Today 7:14:16 AM

The status times are from this morning.
    I also had the free plugin runnig then. - Do I need to delete all of the defvices and startover? When I removed the other plugin the devices went with it. Installing this one created new devices. I am using the latest firmware which supports the GE Caddx 548 interface.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Skybolt

update: The Zone status screen is coorect:

017 1 Side Door Burglar Entry/Exit 1 Normal [EOL] Not In Alarm 3/26/2008 4:38:41 PM
    but not updated in the HS status devices
    Last edited by skybolt; March 26, 2008, 04:21 PM.
    -Skybolt

No, there shouldn't be a need to delete anything. The trial and registered version are identical.

What version of HomeSeer are you running? I want to try to duplicate what you are seeing ...

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Does the zone's house code match the Base code listed on the UltraM1G Options web page?
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        Does the zone's house code match the Base code listed on the UltraM1G Options web page?
        This appears to be the problem, the status devices base code is a "#" and the plugin status base code is a "/", but there appears to be no way of changing this in the plugin? Is this possable without deleting all of the devices and manually recreating them?

Thanks,
        Skybolt
        -Skybolt

Comment

Ok, fixed the problem. But I believe there is also a bug in the setup of this plugin under this circumstance.

I was using the free Elk M1 plugin by this I mean the one in VB6 by Mark L.
          I removed the free plugin from the root and installed the ultra one, but I never deleted the devices created by Marks plugin. - when I enabled the Ultra plugin and checked off "Used by HomeSeer" I thought the ultra plugin would create new devices, but it did not, it only greyed out the check boxes so I could not uncheck it. So I thought - how nice it uses the already created ones, since the zone names from the panel have to be the same. I was wrong.

So the bug is that when you upgrade from the free plugin the ultra plugin does not create the status devices as expected, and with no way of creating them manually.

The only way I was able to get this working was to go to a backup of my database file and then delete all "elk" devices, get rid of the free plugin and install the ultra plugin close HS and restart, re-enable the plugin and then check off the zones I wanted and then the plugin created all of the devices. But If I did not have a recent backup I would have been hosed, unless there is an easier way?

-Skybolt
          Last edited by skybolt; March 27, 2008, 02:46 PM. Reason: spelling
          -Skybolt

Comment

Ah, I wasn't aware you were talking about the other Elk HomeSeer plug-in. There is no relationship between that plug-in and the UltraM1G plug-in. The is no migration path from the Ek M1 Plug-in and the UltraM1G plug-in. So, the only solution is what you described (deleting the existing Elk devices and having the UltraM1G plug-in re-creating the ones it will manage.

Regards,
            Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
            X