UltraM1G Scripting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraM1G Scripting Question

My question is about the intellisense feature when accessing your plugin from the Visual Studio environment (2005 - in process of moving to 2008).

I assume my question involves early vs late binding.

When entering the command below I have Intellisense through the ".Plugin". After entering the ("UltraM1G") and then entering the "." there is no intellisense but if I enter the rest of the command it will work. Can I use early binding and take advantage of intellisense when using your plugin? I will look at this more tonight but thought I would ask before I get started testing.

MsgBox(hsapp.Plugin("UltraM1G").ReadCustomValue("01"))

Thanks!
    Brian

Originally posted by brian270999 View Post
    My question is about the intellisense feature when accessing your plugin from the Visual Studio environment (2005 - in process of moving to 2008).

I assume my question involves early vs late binding.

When entering the command below I have Intellisense through the ".Plugin". After entering the ("UltraM1G") and then entering the "." there is no intellisense but if I enter the rest of the command it will work. Can I use early binding and take advantage of intellisense when using your plugin? I will look at this more tonight but thought I would ask before I get started testing.

MsgBox(hsapp.Plugin("UltraM1G").ReadCustomValue("01"))

Thanks!
    Brian

bump

Comment

Intellisense is a feature of Visual Studio. I don't know how this works when referencing a non Microsoft DLL.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        Intellisense is a feature of Visual Studio. I don't know how this works when referencing a non Microsoft DLL.
        Thanks for the reply.

My knowledge in this area is extremely limited, but I did notice something interesting. I referenced UltraM1G directly in Visual Studio and the intellisense works, but I do not think the control would since I was not attached to the running instance. But it might still be of some use in the design environment to look at the function names and what parameters they are expecting.

This is not a big deal, just a handy feature that makes programming eaiser. At any rate I just wanted to be sure that I was not doing something wrong that prevented this functionality from working.

As always, thanks for the help.

Brian

Comment

Working...
        X