Bug with more than 100 devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug with more than 100 devices

I added another 20 or so inputs to my elk system today. I reloaded the data from the UltraM1 page in Homeseer. The "codes" it assigns to the new devices in home seer got to "[98", "[99", then all the rest got "[1". This doesn't work well to say the least. (Everytime a certain motion detector is tripped, the house gets "armed away" automatically!")

The plug in needs to be smart enough to go to the next house code so we can have over 100 devices.

HELP!!!

Originally posted by ScottKemp View Post
    I added another 20 or so inputs to my elk system today. I reloaded the data from the UltraM1 page in Homeseer. The "codes" it assigns to the new devices in home seer got to "[98", "[99", then all the rest got "[1". This doesn't work well to say the least. (Everytime a certain motion detector is tripped, the house gets "armed away" automatically!")

The plug in needs to be smart enough to go to the next house code so we can have over 100 devices.

HELP!!!
    Well, there are actually 2 issues that caused this. My code didn't bail when a function I created returned -1 (indicating it ran out of available devices within a house code) and HomeSeer's create device happly created a device when passed -1 as the house code.

I'll made some modifications so the plug-in will support more than 99 zones.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks! When will the update be available?

Comment

Do you have more than 99 inputs/zones?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by ScottKemp View Post

HELP!!!
          As I stated before, I found and fixed the bug that caused new devices to get created to unit code 1 when the plug-in runs out of units for a house code. The next update I post allows the plug-in to support 500 HomeSeer devices as follows:

Base Code: 1-99 (Areas, Keypads, Users, Tasks, Custom)
          Input Code: 1-99 (Zones used to be supported under base code)
          Output Code: 1-99
          Lighting Code: 1-99
          Themostat Code: 1-99

I also fixed a bug that would cause lighting devices to get created in the wrong house code (depending on what order you created the devices).

I'll try to get this update posted tomorrow.

Regards,
          Ultrajones

Comment

I have inputs for 112. Probably only using about 85 to 90 right now but will be connecting more.

Comment

UltraM1G version 1.1.3115.23140 posted. It supports a maximum of 99 inputs. In your case, you may be able to get more considering the other inputs you have were assigned out of the "base" house code.

Comment

I am in the process of installing an Elk panel and was planning to use this plugin but I am confused about the house codes. My setup has 8 keypads, 96 wired zones, (maybe a few more if I use the inputs on the keypads) 48 wireless zones, 24 relay outputs, and 175 lighting devices. This is well under the 500 device limit but will it work OK with the plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by upstatemike View Post
                  I am in the process of installing an Elk panel and was planning to use this plugin but I am confused about the house codes. My setup has 8 keypads, 96 wired zones, (maybe a few more if I use the inputs on the keypads) 48 wireless zones, 24 relay outputs, and 175 lighting devices. This is well under the 500 device limit but will it work OK with the plugin?
                  Internally, the plug-in supports what the ElK M1 supports.

Public MAX_AREAS As Byte = 8
                  Public MAX_KEYPADS As Byte = 16
                  Public MAX_USERS As Byte = 199
                  Public MAX_ZONES As Byte = 208
                  Public MAX_OUTPUTS As Byte = 208
                  Public MAX_THERMOSTATS As Byte = 16
                  Public MAX_CUSTOM_SETTINGS As Byte = 20
                  Public MAX_TASKS As Byte = 32
                  Public MAX_LIGHTING As Integer = 256

In the cases I have seen, users of the UltraM1G plug-in don't create a HomeSeer device for all their Elk M1 devices. You can still create events and interact with the Elk M1 zones and outputs via events and scripts.

Based on demand for wanting to create a HomeSeer device for more than 99 inputs, outputs and lighting devices, I'll be adding support for 297 more devices as follows:

Base Code: 1-99 (Areas (8), Status (1), Keypads (16), Users (23*), Tasks (32), Custom (20))
                  Input Codes: 1-99, 1-99 (total 198 inputs)
                  Output Codes: 1-99, 1-99 (total 198 outputs)
                  Lighting Codes: 1-99, 1-99 (total 198 lighting)
                  Themostat Code: 1-99 (total 15 thermostats)

** 8 HomeSeer housecode would be needed **

I hope to have this complete by later today.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Great news! I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to monitor everything in Homeseer... feel much better now. Thanks!

Comment

The coding changes are complete. I am glad both of you requested this update. I have been wanting to do this for a while.

I will post the update tomorrow after final testing is complete.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

UltraM1G version 1.1.3123.12830 was just posted which adds support for ALL ELk M1 areas, keypads, tasks, custom settings, users, inputs, outputs, lighting and thermostat devices.

Base Code: 1-99 (Areas (8), Status (1), Keypads (16), Tasks (32), Custom (20))
                        User Codes: 1-99, 1-99, 1-99 (covers 199 + Elk built in user devices)
                        Input Codes: 1-99, 1-99, 1-99 (covers all 208 input devices)
                        Output Codes: 1-99, 1-99, 1-99 (covers all 208 output devices)
                        Lighting Codes: 1-99, 1-99, 1-99 (covers all 256 lighting devices)
                        Themostat Code: 1-99, 1-99 (total 16 thermostats)

** 15 HomeSeer housecode would be needed for a fully built out Elk M1 **

Testing shows 1062 HomeSeer devices successfully built with a fully populated Elk M1 system.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                        X