Elk and Zwave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk and Zwave

I have Ztroller setup on my HomeTroller2 box. I am running the Ultra M1 plugin to get zone information from my Elk into Homeseer. All works great. I want to add some wireless motion sensors, and was looking at using some Z-Wave models, since they allow me to measure light levels, temperature and motion. While I can easily use these as occupancy sensors to run events, I wanted to integrate them into the Elk so if a motion goes off, it would trigger an alarm.

I see no way in the Ultra plugin to have an alarm be the Action of an event. So my question is, how can this be achieved? There must be some clever way to integrate the two.

98 views and no replies???

Comment

The HomeSeer community isn't what it used to be. Not sure why. Folks don't seem to want to help answer questions posted in 3rd party forums.

Anyway, I did some digging and the Elk M1 doesn't have any direct way (via their programming interface) of implementing what you want. I do remember someone else asking a simliar question on CocoonTech.com and it required some pretty strange wiring from outputs to inputs (or something like that). You would then trigger the output (via the UltraM1G plug-in) in order to trigger an alarm. You may want to make a post on CocoonTech.com. They seem to get more folks willing to help (IMO).

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I do not think "The HomeSeer community isn't what it used to be." has any thing to do with this post. It's just the average user doesn't know the ELK SDK as you do Ultra.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Fair enough. I hope I am wrong about that.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Is there not a way to trigger an alarm via the interface? You can set armed, disarmed, etc. Maybe in ELK RP one could make an F key trigger an alarm state, and in Homeseer make a motion that is sensed when the system is in ARM mode trigger that F key?

Comment

I think the easiest thing to do is like Ultrajones said is to wire one of you outputs to an input. Set the input as the alarm mode you want to be able to trigger. Set the Zone type as #2 Normally Open. Then use an HS Event to turn on the Output wired to that Zone input which will close the Zone and activate your alarm.

The Pod

Comment

Working...
              X