Elk, Homeseer and ISY - Startup Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk, Homeseer and ISY - Startup Problem

I've recently started using an ISY99 to control my Insteon network, and am using my Elk to control the ISY (via Elk rules) for situations such as turning off lights after motion ceases in an area, or after a certain period of time. I intend to continue using Homeseer for many things, but want to interface with Insteon via the Elk, using the UltraM1G plugin for things like lighting control. I don't intend to use the new Homeseer Insteon plugin, at least for some time.

Unfortunately, every time Homeseer starts up several lights turn on, then some turn off, then some turn back on. I have the option in Homeseer that allows for "catch up" after a power failure turned off, but this is still happening. I can't tell exactly why this is happening, and wondered if others might have some idea as to what's going on, and perhaps how to fix it.

Any ideas?

I'm cross posting in both the General Discussions section and the UltraM1G sections in hopes of resolving...
    Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I don't have an ISY99 (and can't afford one), so I don't have that to test with. What version of the UltraM1G plug-in are you running?

Please send your debug log to ultrajones@hotmail.com.

How to send the debug log:
    - Enable debug from UltraM1G > Options.
    - Restart HomeSeer.
    - Send me the hspi_ultram1g_debug.txt file located in HomeSeer's root directory.
    - Disable debug.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Probably no help Madcodger but, I am running Homeseer v2.2.0.66, UltraM1G v1.1.3138.3758, Elk M1G Firmware v4.5.8 and ISY99iR v2.6.7 and I do not experience the problem that you mentioned with lights going on and off when Homeseer starts up.

Comment

Madcodger, I have not received a response. You all set?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultra,

Sorry for the delay in responding - combination of things have kept me off the boards. However, I believe this has resolved itself, and that may be due to some changes in a recent alpha release of ISY firmware I'm testing. I'll keep testing through the weekend, and let you know if the problem returns for your plugin. Thanks for checking in / back.

Joe
          Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

Working...
          X