HS Event action for Thermostats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS Event action for Thermostats

I would like to setup HS event actions to set different thermostat modes and temperature levels in my home at certain times of the day and days of the week.

As an alternative to setting rules or tasks in the ELK is it possible to implement into the UltraM1G plug-in?

Thanks.

I really never thought about this. I had pre-set my thermostat before connecting to my Elk M1 so it already had a schedule set. However, being able to set a scheduled would be pretty cool. Do you have anything in mind?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I use Aprilaire 8870 thermostats that are communicating only not programmable.

Your plug in does a fine job manually changing modes from off/heat/cool and adjusting comfort setpoints.

I thought it would be nice to be able to setup HS event actions with triggers for certain time of day and set the certain zones to heat or cool and desired setpoints using absolute time or triggering from motion.

Basically, program as if a conventional pre-set type thermostat.

For now I set up tasks and rules in ELK via RP but thought it would be handy in HS.

Thanks.

Comment

UJ,

whatta ya think. Is it possible to add the feature without alot of coding?

I'll be glad to help in any way I can.

Thanks.

Bill

Comment

This isn't an easy change and will take a considerble amount of coding. I am still thinking about this one ...
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

yeah, I had a feeling it would take some time.

I know it would be a great feature if you get time to work on it.

Thanks..

Comment

Working...
            X