RC-80 and the ELK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC-80 and the ELK

Just moved and am setting up the t-stats along with the ELK. Is there any advantage/disadvantage of hooking the t-stats to the ELK oppossed to HS directly? Of course this plugin will/is used and assuming the wireing is not an issue, the ELK is controlled via IP.

Thanks,
    Skybolt
    -Skybolt

It sounds like we have a very simliar setup. Hooking up your t-stat though the Elk allows you to control it direclty using the Elk M1 (keypads, phone, rules, web interface) or though HomeSeer. Connecting your thermostat to the Elk M1 doesn't allow complete control of your thermostat (no scheduling, filter reminder, etc), but it works for my purposes (temperature setpoints, modes, fan, current temperature, etc).

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks Ultrajones, I don't use HS for sscheduling anyway, I use there DOS app to program the stat. HS's conectivity with the stat is unreliable. The polling doesn't always work right. I think I'll give the ELK a try, I didn't know the stat showed up on the web page.

Thanks,
      Skybolt
      -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
      X