• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Communication Errors

Service: No
    AV: Yes, Symantec, but tested disabled
    Elk Firmware: 4.5.20
    HS Pro: 2.4.0.3

The attached logs show communication errors with the Elk panel. Debug log has been sent.

I thought it was some type of serial communication error. I increased the "Wait time per command" to 3.5 and also decreased the serial port on the M1 to 9600 baud, but that doesn't seem to have helped at all.

RP works fine - I just used it to update all firmware's on the Elk in troubleshooting this issue.

Any help anyone could give would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm trying to replace the my.elk script with this much more powerful plugin.

Thanks!

-Chak

Code:
    12/6/2009 9:25:47 PM  UltraM1G Warning  Watchdog Timer reconnect attempt failed :Could not communicate with ELK M1 System! 
    12/6/2009 9:25:47 PM  UltraM1G Info  Could not communicate with Elk M1 ... 
    12/6/2009 9:25:44 PM  UltraM1G Info  Updating ELK M1 internal real-time clock to 12/6/2009 9:25:44 PM 
    12/6/2009 9:25:41 PM  UltraM1G Info  Updating ELK M1 internal real-time clock to 12/6/2009 9:25:41 PM 
    12/6/2009 9:25:38 PM  UltraM1G Info  Updating ELK M1 internal real-time clock to 12/6/2009 9:25:38 PM 
    12/6/2009 9:25:38 PM  UltraM1G Info  Attemping initial communication with Elk M1 ... 
    12/6/2009 9:25:38 PM  UltraM1G Info  Running version has changed, forcing full data download from Elk M1 System ... 
    12/6/2009 9:25:38 PM  UltraM1G Info  UltraM1G - initializing I/O ... 
    12/6/2009 9:25:38 PM  UltraM1G Error  An unexpected error occured in the SaveM1DataToINI function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object variable or With block variable not set. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container..ctor(Object Instance) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.InternalLateIndexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateIndexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames) at HSPI_ULTRAM1G.HSPI_M1G.SaveM1DataToINI()] 
    12/6/2009 9:25:38 PM  UltraM1G Info  UltraM1G - shutting down I/O ...

The logs you provided show UltraM1G HSPI does not have permission to open Com4. Is Com4 already opened by another application or script? Do you have the Elk RP closed when attempting to initialize the UltraM1G plug-in?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I thought so too. To ensure it wasn't I:

- Renamed the my.elk script (which has worked fine with the M1 on Comm 4 for a long time)
      - Launched RP - tried to connected - port was in use.
      - Ultra showed Com4 status unknown. Clicked on Disconnect anyway
      - Launched RP - tried to connect - success.
      - Disconnected RP and closed it.
      - Press "connect" on Ultra Serial port connection. It shows "Connected:Com4"
      - Launched RP and tried to connect. Of course it failed.

Was going to send a new debug - but it looks the same as the last. No comm when trying to set the clock.

Now I need to let you know they M1 and HS are in different rooms - maybe 25' of cat5 on the serial line. That said, Electron's my.elk script and RP work fine over this connection.

Now, all this said, I've been looking for an excuse to buy an M1XEP - perhaps I've found a motivator....

Thanks in advance...

-Chak

Comment

Just FYI - it works fine over the M1XEP.....

-Chak

Comment

Working...
        X