lag with ultram1g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lag with ultram1g

I recently added a couple of keyfobs to my elk system - GE crystal 4 button.

I have it set up so that

arm - triggers automation task 12
    disarm - triggers automation task 13
    light - triggers automation task 14
    star - triggers automation task 15

In rules I've set it up so that

When Automation Task 12 triggers
    chirp the siren
    arm the garage to away
    turn output 2 on for 1 second

I use the output 2 turning on as a trigger for homeseer to turn on and off some lights and close the garage door. I couldn't find a way to directly trigger the event by the automation task triggering OR by the RF keyfob event (I would prefer to do it that way so if you can tell me how that would be great). Once the output 2 goes on it's up to the HA controller to turn some lights on for a few minutes then close the garage door and turn the lights off.

This works - but often times there is a long lag between the chirp and the event triggering. It's almost as if homeseer doesn't get the signal from the Elk for 10-20 seconds

I tried triggering it by changing a counter value as well but the result is the same - sometimes an instant trigger - sometimes a long lag.

Is there a hardware or configuration reason for this delay or a better way to trigger the event that will avoid the lag? The lag renders the whole thing useless as I can't well drive away with the door open expecting it to close 'eventually'. I know the signal was received because the chirp happens and the system goes into arming mode. But the door sits there not moving. If I hit the button repeatedly it will eventually try to process a whole series of opens and closes back to back and get out of sync. If I manually trigger the event from homeseer it closes immediately and indeed once in a while it will trigger immediately from the keyfob - it's just not consistent and for something like this consistency is important.

any suggestions?

TIA

Mark,

+1 for direct triggering on key fob.

As a workaround I set M1G Outputs (virtual-101,102... In my case) to on for 3 seconds using Elk rules. Then in HS I use the Output turning on as a trigger for my event. I currently use these for closing garage doors and gates.

I have not experienced the delays you are speaking of, but I only starting using these within the last couple of weeks. I am seeing maybe a 1 second delay from button press on keyfob to gate activation.

I am wondering if somehow you have your event set up as a condition that only gets evaluated every minute. The only other things that occurs to me are whether your entire HS system is slow due to other factors, or that you are calling an automation task which does 3 other things before setting the output on. Maybe try moving the output turn on out of the automation task and make it a first action in the rule.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
    Vector

Comment

Originally posted by Vector View Post
      I am wondering if somehow you have your event set up as a condition that only gets evaluated every minute. The only other things that occurs to me are whether your entire HS system is slow due to other factors, or that you are calling an automation task which does 3 other things before setting the output on. Maybe try moving the output turn on out of the automation task and make it a first action in the rule.
      Thanks for your reply,

You may be on to something with the conditions. In order to avoid the door moving in the wrong direction my events use conditions. The arm button triggers the door close event but the door close event has a condition that the door isn't already closed. That's to avoid opening the door if it was already closed. (I wish garage door openers had discrete buttons!) I'll see what happens if I take out the conditions on the events and post back.

Moving the action up in the rule occurred to me too. I've tried that to no avail unfortunately.

Thanks for your input!

mark

Comment

I changed the way I executed the events to avoid the conditions and now it works fine.

Thanks!

I thought that conditions that weren't time-related executed instantly but now I realize that all conditions are evaluated only periodically.

mark

Comment

Working...
        X