Activate Chime in HS Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activate Chime in HS Event

Is there any way to create an HS event that triggers the chime? I want to use the chime to alert occupants of a condition on the house which is triggered by a HS device not an Elk device? Is this possible?

Here's an example of what I've done. Set up an event to play a wav file, before the text to speach event action and then that way it'll play a tune before announcing the situation. In my example, I use a wav file of the doorbell from Star Trek, TNG.
    Attached Files
    -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Here is an example HomeSeer action I have set up so I know if my son tries to watch TV or play the XBox between midnight and 6:00 AM:

PHP Code:
      Elk M1 Keypad DisplayKeypad Area 01
      Clear Message
      Clear message with key
      Beep Keypad
      Beep
      Display Timeout

Line1 TextBasement Motion Detected
      Line2 Text

In this example, all the keypads in the house continue to beep until silenced with the * key.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I use an ELK task to do the same thing you want to do. In the ELK set up the events you want to have happen when the task is triggered and then use Homeseer to trigger the task.

Pat

Comment

Working...
        X