Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plugin exposes ELk T-stats into HS T-stats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin exposes ELk T-stats into HS T-stats?

Does this plugin support the t-stat api's in HomeSeer? In other words, if I have three t-stats hooked up to the ELK via this plugin, should I be able to see these t-stats as HS t-stats in HSTouch?

If not, then this would be a nice add-on.
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

I was just trying to do this the other day… I found that the templates provided by HSTouch used “Thermostat: Raise or Lower the Heat Setpoint”, but I couldn’t find any info on it. I checked the docs and couldn’t find anything. Do you happen to have a link to it?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

We'll glad to help.

Here are my thoughts - but I presume that you know most of this already:

Does the plugin currently support the HS t-stat API? If not, then I presume that you will need to code the plugin to interface to the HS t-stat API. Once that is completed, then HSTouch should recognize the t-stats that the ELK has connected.

Dropping the tstat template in HSTouch should then allow it to all function.

I have three t-stats, so support of more than one would be appreciated.
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Best I can tell, the t-stat API is just a call to an underlying scripts.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Wow, I wish I knew the thermostat API existed. I added all the functions assoicated with the thermostat API to the UltraM1G plug-in. I then dropped in an HAI thermosat in an HSTouch project, selected the thermosat and it "just worked". Very cool.

Comment

Good, sounds like my babble may have helped. Cool. Ill test it over the weekend. Rich may send me the latest IPAD code for testing...

Comment

I just finished adding support for the HomeSeer thermostat API. It should support up to 16 thermostats connected to the Elk M1. Please download UltraM1G HSPI version 1.1.4031.24574 to try it out.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Seems to work... Awesome! Thanks!

Comment

same here. works ok for me. thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X