What is the trigger DATAKEYMODE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the trigger DATAKEYMODE?

I am probably just missing it in the docs, though I see a trigger called: "DATAKEYMODE (data entered)" and am not sure what is does. It is in the "Elk M1 Keypad KeyChange" section.

What does this do? If it allows me to pass key presses to a script, please let me know how to configure it.

Thanks

Going down this path, is it possible for me to enter a bunch of numbers into a ELK keypad and have it take those numbers entered into a script/event/etc?

That is if it is not the code for the alarm.
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

bump
      HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
        Going down this path, is it possible for me to enter a bunch of numbers into a ELK keypad and have it take those numbers entered into a script/event/etc?

That is if it is not the code for the alarm.
        No, but you can use unused codes to trigger HomeSeer events. Will that work for your needs?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by gerlin View Post
          I am probably just missing it in the docs, though I see a trigger called: "DATAKEYMODE (data entered)" and am not sure what is does. It is in the "Elk M1 Keypad KeyChange" section.

What does this do? If it allows me to pass key presses to a script, please let me know how to configure it.

Thanks
          The API states DATAKEYMODE = Data was entered, this acts as a
          carriage return. However, it does not look like it can be used as a trigger.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I was hoping to be able to use the keypad to enter digits to set my wake up alarm (Sonos audio). I can preset some unused codes to the usual times. Though I was hoping I could put in something like "100735" to trigger the creation of a Sonos alarm event at 7:35. That way I don't have to have so many events and static times.

It looks like my only option is to have preset times that I create unused codes to call.

I do most of my "work" with scripts, would there be anyway (in the future) to have an "any unused code" event that would be a trigger whenever 6 digits are entered on the keypad and then make the digits available to the script (maybe it is stored as a device status)? Or even better any digits followed by the "*" (or other key)? I realize that this is a future functionality request and may not be possible due to Elk limitations.

If I could pass arbitrary codes to scripts, I think I would find many other uses as well.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Comment

The Elk M1 only provides the invalid user code once you enter either 4 or 6 digits (depending on if your codes are 4 or 6 digits). I added GetLastInvalidUserCode() which will return the last invalid code.

GetLastInvalidUserCode Function: This function returns the last user code entered that was not recognized by the Elk M1 system.

Example:
              PHP Code:
              Sub Main(ByVal parm As Object)

' Get the last user code entered that was not recognized by the Elk M1 system
                Dim LastInvalidUserCode As String = hs.plugin("UltraM1G").GetLastInvalidUserCode()

Call hs.WriteLog("Debug", "Last invalid user code was " & LastInvalidUserCode)

End Sub 
              This function is avaialble in UltraM1G HSPI version 1.1.4039.29793 or greater.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

That's great. Thanks.

A couple of questions..

Is there an trigger for invalid user code (That is is not specific to a certain code)? I need a way to now the code has been entered.

My alarm system is set to use 4 digits. However, it looks like the event setup for keyboard events requires 6 digits. It will not let me save the 4 digit code and gives me the following error:

Keypad codes must be 6 digits in length (e.g. 001234).

Is this something I have configured wrong? FYI: Using six digits works even though the Elk is set to use for for disarming.

Thanks,

Lou

Comment

Originally posted by gerlin View Post
                  That's great. Thanks.

A couple of questions..

Is there an trigger for invalid user code (That is is not specific to a certain code)? I need a way to now the code has been entered.

My alarm system is set to use 4 digits. However, it looks like the event setup for keyboard events requires 6 digits. It will not let me save the 4 digit code and gives me the following error:

Keypad codes must be 6 digits in length (e.g. 001234).

Is this something I have configured wrong? FYI: Using six digits works even though the Elk is set to use for for disarming.

Thanks,

Lou
                  The trigger name is Elk M1 Custom Code. For four digit codes, just prefix the code with 00.

Comment

Thanks for the info on the 4 digit code.

Any info on how to trigger an event for any invalid user code (so I can call a script read the GetLastInvalidUserCode on any invalid user code)?

Comment

Yes, the event trigger name is Elk M1 Custom Code.

Comment

Im sorry if I am being "thick". Doesn't the "Elk M1 Custom Code" require that you put in a specific code? Or has that changed in the new version?

Comment

Sorry, fixing that now. You'll need to download UltraM1G HSPI version 1.1.4040.15428 from the HomeSeer updater, then use ****** in the code field to always trigger an event whenever an unrecognized code is entered on the Elk M1 keypad. You can then use GetLastInvalidUserCode() function to get the unrecognized code (e.g. invalid user code) that was entered.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks,

I'll grab the new version when I see it on the updater.

Lou

Comment

This is working perfectly.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                              X