Siren Activated after Installing Ultra-M1 Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siren Activated after Installing Ultra-M1 Plugin

I don't know if anyone out there has since this problem. I was switching from HS2 to HS-Pro. The one guy I spoke to said it would be painless and automatic... ;0(

After realizing the instructions he gave me aren't true, I searched the post to get 75% there. Unfortunately, after I loaded the Ultra M1 plug-in, an error showed on for the software:

1/31/2011 6:56:28 PM UltraM1G Error An unexpected error occured in the ControlZone() function/subroutine: [System.Exception: An invalid action was received. at HSPI_ULTRAM1G.HSPI.ControlZone(String strZone, String strAction, String strSecret)]

All I have done is loaded the plugin. Nothing else and as shown as the panel was active, it sounded the siren. I can turn off the siren, but it starts up again after about 5 mins. I believe this error indicates a violation, but the panel and the software do not show anything wrong. I have deleted the plugin and all traces on the system and reloaded from scratch. Still the same error.

I also know that if I disconnect from the panel, my Elk returns to normal. Somehow, this communication path is sending something bad to the panel.

I also went into the RP software and everything looks good, but I believe the panel is automatically disconnected from HSPRO as soon as I connect via RP.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by ; January 31, 2011, 11:06 PM.

It sounds like the upgrade from HS2 to HS Pro has caused issues with house codes. When the alarm triggered, was your system armed or did you see any actions in your log indicating output 2 was turned on?

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Disarmed. Strangely, the ELK doesn't show any abnormal conditions. It doesn't even know that the siren is going off. The keypad shows no problems, but if I enter my code, the siren stops... at least for about 3 mins, then starts up again.

If I disconnect Homeseer from the panel, the problem goes away. I'm going to delete everything and start over. I am guessing that something got hosed in the conversion process.

Thanks...

Comment

Nevermind everyone... I just deleted everything and started from scratch. Everything seems normal now. You gotta do, what ya gotta do... whether you like it not. I will make sure I have backups next time.

Comment

Same here

jeffy -

You and I had the same problem, and I was not upgrading to Pro. I had the pro version, and went and added a few more Insteon devices, and same thing happened. My siren would go off.

Glad to hear you got it working. You did the same thing I did.
          Only problem is, I had it happen again.

Are you using the UJ version of the plug-in?
          I used that, and followed the directions that said to be sure to name any output (in ELK RP) before you download the config to HS. This will ensure that the outputs in ELK are given a unique code.

Not sure why it happens, but I did that after I read it here somewhere, and all is good.

Good Luck!!

Greg

Comment

Working...
          X