Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Log Errors w/ Temp Poll

Hello Ultra,

Can you help me understand these errors in my Log. I don't run any temp sensors and the keypad I use is the ELK-M1KPAS which doesn't have a temp sensor either.

5/29/2013 9:14:42 AM UltraM1G Error An unexpected error occured in the PollTemperature() function/subroutine: [System.NullReferenceException: Object variable or With block variable not set. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container..ct or(Object Instance) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.Intern alLateIndexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateIn dexGet(Object Instance, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames) at HSPI_ULTRAM1G.HSPI_M1G.PollTemperature()]
    5/29/2013 9:14:43 AM UltraM1G Warning No response/improper response from Elk M1 to command 'lw00'

Thanks
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

What Operating System Are You Using:WIN 7 64Bit

Are you running HomeSeer as a service? NO

How is HomeSeer connected to the Elk M1? GC100-12 Serial/IP with VSPE com port re-director software

Do you run any anti-virus programs? Microsoft Essentials .

Describe the issue you are experiencing. Getting Error codes in the log with Polling Temp and also Connection issues. For the temp issue it might be due to me not running a regular keypad. I am using the Elk KPAS that has now temp sensor.

Are you able to duplicate the issue? (Yes/No) If Yes, describe the steps to duplicate the issue. Just look at the log at any time.
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Hello. I think this is related to using a serial connection instead of the Elk-XEP. The serial connection does not provide a means of obtaining the firmware version of the Elk M1, so the plug-in falls back to temperature polling. I'll post an update to the plug-in by this weekend that addresses this limitation.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks alot.

Comment

Please install UltraM1G HSPI version 1.1.4900.15158 from the HomeSeer updater, then disable temperature polling under Options > Elk M1 Polling Options.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Solved

Bada Bing, Bada Boom.

Fixed the issue and all is well.

Thanks for your fast help and updates to the plugin.

CharlieWayne

Comment

On the topic of serial connection and how it cant obtain firmware, is this the reason also why I cant see more details within each category on you plugin screen?

(on HS status screen I am able to see the status of each zone but not within your plugin as seen in the screen shots below)
              Attached Files

Comment

The plug-in seems to be a bit confused. Delete all the UltraM1G devices currently defined in HomeSeer, then restart HomeSeer.
                Last edited by Ultrajones; June 2, 2013, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Your a true Genius as your advice has helped again.

All is up and running fine.

Thanks Again

Comment

Working...
                  X