power fail alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power fail alert

my elk m1g is fed thru a ups... when the house power fails, there is no way to tell we are on backup... how do i utilize the "power fail" alert ability? do i need an external relay that is fed from a normal house outlet to connect to an elk digital output?
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

I'm having the same issue. My fix is to figure out a way to have HomeSeer speak with the APC/UPS to determine when the system is on battery power. Are you running any events when you loose power?

Comment

no just want to get an email when we lose it and i am not home... easiest way seems to be with power monitor to elk contacts.
      HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
        no just want to get an email when we lose it and i am not home... easiest way seems to be with power monitor to elk contacts.
        I never thought about that... Do you have something in mind?

Comment

try this one...
          http://www.smarthome.com/7154/Winland-Electronics-PS-110-Power-Out-Sensor/p.aspx
          seems simple enough then tie to a contact in your elk to create a device and then a HS event when it gets tripped.
          should work??

Comment

Working...
          X