This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dshenem View Post
    I am to evaluate the ELK plugin to see what it can do. I've been impressed with it so far. I created two new tasks in ELK RP application and then checked the plugin to see if the tasks would be reloaded into the plugin. I did not see the tasks appeared under Tasks tab. I previously defined 3 outputs and did see them showed under Output tab.

Is there an issue with this TASKS tab function for not picking up my two tasks?

Thanks,
    David
    There are 2 things you need to do after adding new tasks:

1) Update the UltraM1G task count to match what you have defined in your Elk M1 panel. This is done from PLUG-INS > UltraM1G3 > UltraM1G3 > Options > Defined Elk M1G Configuration > Tasks

2) Force a configuration refresh from PLUG-INS > UltraM1G3 > UltraM1G3 > Status, then click "Reload Data". Depending on the speed of your system, this may take several minutes to complete.

After the reload, you'll see the new tasks in the Tasks tab.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

• Zones 17-64 don't show in HS3

After running HS2/UltraM1G on a Windows XP PC for 8 years, the disk finally crashed... I upgraded to HomeTroller S6 with HS3 and UltraM1G3.

Most seems to work fine - I can see the M1Gold system, arm/disarm from within HS3, see last status, user definitions, etc.

However... my M1Gold only has one hardwired zone, which is Zone 001 the Siren.
      All my other zones are wireless zones (17-64)--each zone a smoke sensor, windows or motion sensor.

In HS3 in the UltraM1G3 plugin, I see zone 001, but zones 17-64 are all listed as partition and name "unknown", and definition "Disabled". I do see the status "Normal [EOL]", "Not in Alarm" and last date/time changed for all defined sensors, but I cannot see these in HomeSeer, not can I add them as HomeSeer devices...

Is there something I am overlooking in the setup? As everything else was read from the M1Gold as soon as the UltraM1G3 plugin connected, I had expected to see zones 17-64 automatically as well...

Thanks for any help/insights...

Comment

• Tested with Linux serial?

After some time running UltraM1G successfully under Linux through an M1XEP, I've tried switching to a direct serial connection. While the serial connection to the Elk appears to be intact (I can see data arriving on a terminal emulator), the UltraM1G plugin doesn't see anything.

Perusing this forum, I don't see anyone who's explicitly mentioned using the UltraM1G plugin with HS3 on Linux using direct serial. Does anyone out there have such a setup working?

Depending on whether it should be supported, I can provide additional details for the debug.

Thanks,
        Kyle

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyle View Post
          After some time running UltraM1G successfully under Linux through an M1XEP, I've tried switching to a direct serial connection. While the serial connection to the Elk appears to be intact (I can see data arriving on a terminal emulator), the UltraM1G plugin doesn't see anything.

Perusing this forum, I don't see anyone who's explicitly mentioned using the UltraM1G plugin with HS3 on Linux using direct serial. Does anyone out there have such a setup working?

Depending on whether it should be supported, I can provide additional details for the debug.

Thanks,
          Kyle
          Hello Kyle,

A direct serial connection is not supported under Linux. Just curious, if you have an Elk M1XEP, why would you ditch that and go serial?

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            Hello Kyle,

A direct serial connection is not supported under Linux. Just curious, if you have an Elk M1XEP, why would you ditch that and go serial?

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Thanks for the info. Is the problem just Mono's poor behavior of the .NET SerialPort class, or is it something bigger? I've patched Mono in the past to fix the SerialPort behavior, and I'd consider trying it on this box if that would be likely to solve the problem.

For the M1XEP, I've had two of them die on me in the last 4 years. I get the impression that the hardware is electrically fragile, and it didn't seem worth it to buy a new one every couple of years when the only feature I use is remote access, and my Homeseer box is only a foot away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyle View Post
              Thanks for the info. Is the problem just Mono's poor behavior of the .NET SerialPort class, or is it something bigger? I've patched Mono in the past to fix the SerialPort behavior, and I'd consider trying it on this box if that would be likely to solve the problem.

For the M1XEP, I've had two of them die on me in the last 4 years. I get the impression that the hardware is electrically fragile, and it didn't seem worth it to buy a new one every couple of years when the only feature I use is remote access, and my Homeseer box is only a foot away.
              The problem is that I don't have an Linux system with a serial port to test with. I also think it's related to the use of Com:1 (the windows style format). If you have any experience with Linux and Serial ports, I would be happy to talk to you.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

• I agree that the XEP is a expensive piece of outdated junk. That is unless you need to have it host the connection to multiple home automation system. It is still nice to do be able to host one to many connections.

PI2 with serial connection would probably be much better.
                HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

• I think a device like the Global Cache IP2SL or the iTach Flex with the serial option should also work with the UltraM1G3 plug-in.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

• True. Might even be a better turnkey system than the PI.
                    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                      I think a device like the Global Cache IP2SL or the iTach Flex with the serial option should also work with the UltraM1G3 plug-in.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones
                      Ahh, I didn't realize that network mode could just use a generic IP-serial converter. I've solved my problem by using 'socat' to route my Linux serial port to a TCP socket, and then having UltraM1G3 use the network socket instead of trying to use the serial port directly. Everything appears to work.

In case anyone else is trying to make this work, here's a socat command line that puts serial port /dev/ttyS0 onto port 8000:

stty -F /dev/ttyS0 115200 sane raw -echo -echoe -echok -echoctl -echoke
                      socat OPEN:/dev/ttyS0 TCP-LISTEN:8000

With that running, you can have UltraM1G use network mode pointing to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) and port 8000.

Thanks all for the help.

Comment

Working...
                      X