Event not reading alarm state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event not reading alarm state

I have a simple event to flash a light if the alarm is not armed when I go to bed (actually, triggered by an ASPX when I set the sleep timer on TV). Trouble is, it always flashes the light regardless of the alarm system state. I've tried deleting and re-adding the event but same results.

Any ideas?
    Attached Files

This looks like a HomeSeer bug. I submitted Bugzilla bug number 2005.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Sounds like a similar issue to the one in this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=168214. If you're triggering an event manually, it will ignore the conditions. I see a couple of options: check the status of the panel in your aspx page rather than the event and only call the event if the panel is not armed, or call a new event that triggers your existing event. In the new event, make sure you check the "Run Only If Event Conditions Are True" checkbox.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

The "double event" trick worked, but I don't really understand why. My initial event was not manually triggered, unless hs.triggerevent is "manual". Either way I learned something. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Glad you got it working. Yes, triggering an event by using "hs.triggerevent" is equivalent to triggering it manually.

Cheers
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X