Getting full armed, and armed state in an event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting full armed, and armed state in an event

Maybe I'm missing something so I'm posting publicly for some feedback. I want to lock a door when the alarm is armed to any state, and becomes fully armed (exit delay expired).

When I select 'alarm status' as one of the event conditions, and try to add an AND IF condition, no UltraM1G conditions are available. So how does one set an event to an alarm status (stay, away, vacation) only when fully armed?

I don't want to lock doors, switch off lights, etc unless we'ved armed fully.
    (edit) Using only the alarm state, it triggers the event immediately rather than waiting until the exit delay expires and the system is fully armed.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by rmowles; October 1, 2014, 06:33 PM. Reason: added info

Just updated to the most current version of the plug-in with the same issue. I also tried using 'Arm Up State' instead of 'alarm status' and found that even if I set a rule that should trigger when 'arm up state' is 'fully armed' - when I arm the alarm the rule triggers within a few seconds rather than when the exit timer expires.

Seems like this should be a basic event?

Comment

For reasons unknown, the Elk M1 provides an "Armed Fully" message when your alarm system arms, then immediately provides an indicating the exit timer is working. This prevents you from creating a HomeSeer event to take action when the alarm system is fully armed and the exit timer expired. I'll test this again later this morning once the family is awake to see if I can come up with a solution.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        For reasons unknown, the Elk M1 provides an "Armed Fully" message when your alarm system arms, then immediately provides an indicating the exit timer is working. This prevents you from creating a HomeSeer event to take action when the alarm system is fully armed and the exit timer expired. I'll test this again later this morning once the family is awake to see if I can come up with a solution.

Regards,

Ultrajones

It might be the way they handle a failure to close and/or a failure to leave on an Arm Away. If you arm away it goes full arm. But if you fail to open then close the entry/exit zone within the timer it goes Arm Stay instead. If you open but dont close the entry/exit by the time the exit timer expires it woukd create an alarm with recent close message. These are requirements for ANSI CP-01 the standard for False Alarm Reduction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Digger there's an option to turn off the fall back to stay mode if an exit door isn't triggered. Ultrajones thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I guess knowing is part of the battle. So depending on what you think is appropriate, your 'armed' condition could automatically look for the 'fully armed up' state. Or according to the folks at homeseer if you make the 'arm up state' look for a condition rather than a change, it would allow programming a rule looking for both 'armed state' and 'armed up state'.

The bad news is that I tested the 'arm up state' with a rule that triggers when fully armed. But it also triggered immediately rather than waiting for the true fully armed state.

I hope I'm making sense, and thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            I'll test this again later this morning once the family is awake to see if I can come up with a solution.
            Wondering if you had any luck? I used to us an ISY994 to do programming and it handled it fine so maybe they worked around it, I'm not sure.

Comment

I am very hesitant to make any coding adjustments to the arm up state that the Elk M1 provides via their API. However, I do have a potential work-around for you. Create a HomeSeer event and use the following condition:

IF "Elk M1 Area Status UltraM1G3 Plugin AreaStatus 02 [Area 1 Arm Up State]" has been "Armed Fully" for exactly 10s

This assume you have created the Elk M1 Area Status UltraM1G3 Plugin AreaStatus 02 [Area 1 Arm Up State] device from the "Area Status" tab.

I tested it and it works. Please confirm you're okay with this work-around.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That would work to check for being armed to any state, which is OK for one of my events. But that wouldn't work to know that we are fully armed to a specific state. Unless I could somehow fill a variable when we are fully armed for 10 seconds instead as a workaround?

(Eg. a very common event is to turn off all the inside lights when we arm away. Or shut off a water valve when armed vacation).

Comment

{sound of palm slapping forehead} I forgot I didn't enable conditions in the plug-in when I converted it to HS3. I am starting a major change to this plug-in on Saturday and will add the missing conditions. I hope to have it complete within a week.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

LOL OK that sounds great!
                    I was hoping if I mentioned it again that you might look more closely :-)

Comment

Just thought I'd see how you're making out since it's been a while. Thanks in advance.

Comment

I am about 18 hours into the update to eliminate the ASPX web pages. I have at least 2 hours to go. I estimate an additional 3 hours to add the event conditions. I hope to have this complete by Nov 5th. Sorry for the delay.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Well young man you better lock yourself in a room and don't come out until you're done and it's bug free!

Comment

UltraM1G3 HSPI version 3.0.5423.35913 has trigger conditions. Please download and let me know if you have any questions.

UltraM1G3 Conditions Supported
                            o Elk M1 Arming Status
                            o Elk M1 ArmUp State
                            o Elk M1 Current Alarm State
                            o Elk M1 Zone Status
                            o Elk M1 Output Status

Regards,
                            Ultrajones

Comment

There is still an issue with trigger/condition timing within an event. When an alarm state change occurs, the trigger could be checked before a trigger condition is updated to reflect the new alarm state change. I am still working on this

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                              X