Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement Variables in Email

Ultra,
    I know that the use of replacement variables has changed in HS3. Took me forever to figure out how to use them in HS2, so this change was not good for me...

In HS2, I use to have a ton of single-purpose notification events. For example, when alarm is armed away, send a pushover message "alarm armed away. That's it. Then a dozen more just like ot for various arm or disarm states and troubles with Elk.

In HS3, I am simply trying to create an event that would send me an email on any alarm state change: armed stay, armed away, armed whatever, disarmed. However, in the body of that email, I was to have a statement about what exactly has taken place and when. I know the "when" part (i.e. $time and $date). But for the life of me, I can't figure out how to get a replacement variable for the "Area 01" or AreaStatus 01" (I am not even sure which one is best to use, since both display the same status, i.e. "Armed Stay":

In HS2, each device, including those created by plugins, has a device code (i.e. q45). I know that has been depricated in HS3 and replaced by a device address, but for a virtual device such as ElkM1G area status, there is no numeric device address...

What do I do? Do I manually assign a device code to thoise devices I need a replacement variable for and which do not contain an alphanumeric address? Do I use something else in the body of email, in order for it to be converted to the area 1 arming status?

Wow. Had to resort to Google and point it to this forum, in order to find the solution. I did not think I would, but...

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1094972

The solution is in the thread above, from November 2013: add a trailing colon after device address. Worked.

Comment

The colons are also shown here: http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer..._variables.htm

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

It doesn't seem HS3 has a replacement variable for "last changed", right? I remember using that in HS2 quite frequently...

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
          It doesn't seem HS3 has a replacement variable for "last changed", right? I remember using that in HS2 quite frequently...
          Yes, that is correct. My request to added it was ignored.

I also sent HomeSeer a regular expression on how they could allow a colon within a device address. I didn't receive a reply. I ended up modifying all my plug-ins to remove the colons within the device address.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

VituralPanther,

That link in post 2 is dead. Can you assist and share that code/replacement variable you used in the email notification.

Trying to do the same thing without all the events per each type of state.

Charlie
            HSPro: 3.0.0.194
            PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
            HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
              VituralPanther,

That link in post 2 is dead. Can you assist and share that code/replacement variable you used in the email notification.

Trying to do the same thing without all the events per each type of state.

Charlie

Charlie,
              I'm sorry too say, I no longer have the list quoted above. However, at least in my case, it no longer matters. I am running HS3, which plays by different rules. Those replacement variables were for the previous version of HomeSeer . The list of currently supported replacement variables is here:

http://www.homeseer.com/support/home..._variables.htm

Comment

Good Stuff and thanks for the pointer to the HS3 library.

Got it up and running now.

Charlie
                HSPro: 3.0.0.194
                PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
                HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Working...
                X