Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating Event with M1 Zone Temp Sensor

Hello:

First of all, in general the plug-in works great - it is fantastic to be able to add features HomeSeer can provide compared to the Elk's native capabilities. I am trying to recreate a rule I had in the Elk to alert me when the temp sensor in my Garage Attic goes above a certain temperature (100 F). The sensor is connected to Zone 15. When I started to define the Event, the range of values to enter for temperature look "wacky":

Click image for larger version

Name:	ElkM1 Event - Garage Attic Temp.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	1209382

I didn't expect to see what appears to be the range for floating point variables - did I do something wrong in setting things up? I recall changing anything on the device settings. What value am I supposed to fill in for 100 degrees F?

Regards,
    BBB

Sorry, forgot to include the details of my system -- HS3 Pro 3.0.0.258 running on Lubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS, UltraM1G3 3.0.0.5959.34353. And in my starting post, there was an error - I did NOT futz with the device definition.

Regards,
    BBB

Comment

What you have should work. The unusual values you see are due to the fact I selected very large numbers for the range (not sure why I did that). When the plug-in was created, HomeSeer didn't display them like that. That's a new feature

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ah yes, love the features! Thanks for the response. We had the first really hot (well, seems hot to us) days of the year here this past week, so I saw that entering 100 in the Event trigger did indeed cause triggering once the measured temp exceeded 100 degrees F.

Regards,
        BBB

Comment

Working...
        X