Any Zone Violated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Zone Violated?

With my previous Caddx/Stargate system, I had an event that would turn off the air conditioning if a window or door had been left open for more than 3 minutes. It was simple then because there was an if condition "any zone violated". I don't see anything like that in this plugin.

Is there a way to know when any zone is violated? I see a condition "pre-arming state... changed... and previous arming state is...", but I don't believe that works in this case. Do I create a massive event that evaluates each and every zone (24)? I assume somebody has a similar air conditioning off event. Examples, help or advice?

Thanks,
    Mark

Hometroller S6 w/ HS3Pro, Way2Call
    BLAB8SS, BL Backup, Easy Trigger, HSTouch, Open Sprinkler, SONOS, Ultra1Wire3, UltraM1G, WeatherXML, Z-Wave

There is a trigger for "UltraM1G; Elk M1 Zone Status" that I use. It allows you to select the zone and then whatever state you want it to trigger based on.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Sony. I started using that, but found that I had to use it multiple times in a one huge condition - if zone 1 violated or zone 2 violated or zone 3 violated.... for every zone. I had hoped there was an easier way.
      Mark

BLAB8SS, BL Backup, Easy Trigger, HSTouch, Open Sprinkler, SONOS, Ultra1Wire3, UltraM1G, WeatherXML, Z-Wave

Comment

Yeah I would hope so too, but that was all that I could find. I have one event setup for each door/window.

Comment

Have you tried looking at the AreaStatus 02 [Area 1 Arm Up State] HomeSeer device? You could create an event that would trigger if the status is Not Ready To Arm for 3 minutes.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I would think that this would work for doors & windows with the exception of the garage door. When that door is open we still get the same Not Ready to Arm, and I wouldn't want my AC or heat shutting off because that door was open.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
              Have you tried looking at the AreaStatus 02 [Area 1 Arm Up State] HomeSeer device? You could create an event that would trigger if the status is Not Ready To Arm for 3 minutes.
              I tried the Arm Up State, but the only allowable If condition seems to be "changes to not ready to arm", so then I have to add a three minute timer and look for that state again.

Anyway, I got it working by evaluating critical doors, and using two flags and a timer. Basically, it checks whether certain doors and windows were left open for three minutes, then announces a warning to close them, and if not closed within two more minutes the HVAC zones set back. If the doors are closed, the Comfort mode is restored. It required 4 events, but it works.
              Mark

Comment

Working...
              X