Communication Trouble over Serial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Communication Trouble over Serial

Hi, I am trying to get this plugin working with my M1G. I'm using HS3 on a Windows 7 VM.

The plugin will talk to the M1 fine, but it doesn't seem to be getting updates from the M1 on a regular basis. For example, just now, it said the system was armed when it is not. I had to disconnect and then reconnect for the status to change. Also, unless I disconnect and reconnect, the log will be out of date. I have Globals G35-G40 options set to transmit.

I've looked through all the options and can't seem to find anything that would affect this.

Any help would be appreciated!

A few things to check:

Make sure you exit out of the Elk RP software. When the Elk RP software is connected, the Elk XEP does not send updates to any connected clients.

Make sure you pushed the Globals G35-G40 options to the Elk XEP.

If it's still not working, please follow these instructions: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=130803

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by phyxius1 View Post
      Hi, I am trying to get this plugin working with my M1G. I'm using HS3 on a Windows 7 VM.

The plugin will talk to the M1 fine, but it doesn't seem to be getting updates from the M1 on a regular basis. For example, just now, it said the system was armed when it is not. I had to disconnect and then reconnect for the status to change. Also, unless I disconnect and reconnect, the log will be out of date. I have Globals G35-G40 options set to transmit.

I've looked through all the options and can't seem to find anything that would affect this.

Any help would be appreciated!
      I think I missed the fact you're connecting with a serial cable. Can you confirm you're not using the Elk XEP?
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
      X