Thermostat Operating State Supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat Operating State Supported?

Hey guys - I'm looking to change my thermostats over to an aprilaire system integrated with my Elk, and then therefore my UltraM1G3 plugin. Does anybody with experience using thermostats integrated with the Elk panel know if the operating state is a value that is captured? That is one feature that I quite enjoy on my zwave thermostats that I would surely miss if it wasn't supported on the Elk.

It is not with my RCS TR-16 via serial module. Not sure about other model thermostats. I use some RIB 24vac relays and a few Elk inputs to monitor what the thermostat is doing or sending to the HVAC system. One for fan, compressor, Change Over valve for Heat pump and a fourth just the for the thermostat 24vac power.

Comment

The Elk Protocol does not capture the operating state. It supports the following values:

Thermostat Number 01 to 16, 0 = invalid
      ThermostatMode 0=Off,1=Heat,2=Cool,3=Auto, 4=Emergency Heat
      ThermostatHold Hold current temperature. 0=False, 1=True
      ThermostatFan 0=Fan Auto, 1=Fan turned on
      CurrentTemperature Current temperature, deg.F 0=invalid, 70=70
      HeatSetPoint Heat setpoint if in heat/auto mode, decimal
      CoolSetPoint Cool setpoint if in Cool/auto mode, decimal
      CurrentHumidity Current humidity, 01 to 99%, 0 = invalid

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
        It is not with my RCS TR-16 via serial module. Not sure about other model thermostats. I use some RIB 24vac relays and a few Elk inputs to monitor what the thermostat is doing or sending to the HVAC system. One for fan, compressor, Change Over valve for Heat pump and a fourth just the for the thermostat 24vac power.
        Thanks for the heads up - can you elaborate on this setup a little more. Maybe even a rough drawing of how this is setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          The Elk Protocol does not capture the operating state. It supports the following values:

Thermostat Number 01 to 16, 0 = invalid
          ThermostatMode 0=Off,1=Heat,2=Cool,3=Auto, 4=Emergency Heat
          ThermostatHold Hold current temperature. 0=False, 1=True
          ThermostatFan 0=Fan Auto, 1=Fan turned on
          CurrentTemperature Current temperature, deg.F 0=invalid, 70=70
          HeatSetPoint Heat setpoint if in heat/auto mode, decimal
          CoolSetPoint Cool setpoint if in Cool/auto mode, decimal
          CurrentHumidity Current humidity, 01 to 99%, 0 = invalid

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Thanks - this is sort of disappointing, but it does sound like there may be a workaround though using the above setup. I'll have to make sure I dig into it a bit more before proceeding with this setup. I love the idea of cleaning up my walls and eliminating the thermostats (just using probes instead), but I don't want to lose functionality though.

Comment

Working...
          X