Trying to arm when system is not ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to arm when system is not ready

When a door is open (or a system is otherwise not ready), the alarm cannot be armed. But when I try in Homeseer to arm it, I'm not given any notification of this. Is there any way to get some sort of return code or error device that could be set if this is the case?

My scenario: I have a scenario to arm and lock my house; but the part that sets the alarm just silently fails if there's a door open, and I have no way of alerting myself to the failure...Thanks.

If the AreaStatus02 device is set to 1 (Ready To Arm), then your Elk is well, ready to be armed. You could create an event that would check for the status of that device and give you some kind of indication before you tried arming the system...

Regards,
    BBB

Comment

Not a bad idea, thanks. Though it still leaves open the possibility that in the time it takes to do the check and then send the next command in the event, the alarm will change from ready to not ready. That seems reasonably likely over a period of time when taking into account motion detectors monitoring people walking around the house.

Comment

Larry:

Yes, but the whole point is to stabilize & check the system/zones so the M1 knows all the "security" zones are working. If folks are still moving around in the house setting off the motion detectors when you're trying to arm the system, then I think there are other things to straighten out...

Regards,
        BBB

Comment

That's reasonable. I guess my wife doesn't quite love it when I tell her that she and the kids need to stop moving while I trigger the arming event. So if they are futzing around when I try to arm, the arming event fails.

Comment

I have an event that fires when the time is after 9:00PM, the alarm is ready to arm, and the alarm is in fact disarmed. This allows people to move around or doors to be open and then still fire when all is good. I have also found that you have to put in the condition of the alarm being disarmed or by triggering the event the alarm will disarm if already armed.

Comment

Interesting - can you share a screenshot so I can see how the event is set up?

Comment

Hope this helps.

Comment

You could also program the motion zone as force armable.

Comment

Working...
                  X