Invalid or missing Arm/Disarm code detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invalid or missing Arm/Disarm code detected

I have the plug-in configured and HS recognizes the settings in Elk but when I attempt to run an event that sends a command to arm the security system I get the following message in the log:

Invalid or missing Arm/Disarm code detected. Unable to send Arm/Disarm command to Elk M1.

Has anyone else encountered something like this? Not sure how to resolve it because the plug-in indicated everything is configured properly.

I am guessing that you have not entered in your arm/disarm code into the plugin. How can the plugin arm/disarm the security system without a security code?
    If you decide not to listen to the best practices below, then I would encourage you to assign a different code to HomeSeer than anyone else.
    Keep in mind that this code goes across the network unencrypted when it traverses from HomeSeer to the ELK. There is nothing that the plugin author can do about this unless they write to the secure port on the panel. No one other than ELK does that.

It is recommended that you don't create events to arm/disarm the security system via HomeSeer. Everything else still works fine without entering the security code into the plugin,, but you will not be able to arm/disarm the system other than manually entering the code on a keypad. Only humans should arm/disarm the system.

Life safety is first importance.
    Computers should not know how to start a fire, and they should also not know how to actively arm/disarm the security system. That way, if your system is compromised, then said bad actor can not impact your security system.....

Some basic best practices....
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Thank you for the information/feedback.
      I fully understand the possible implications and was only interested in creating an event that would arm the system only and never disarm. I was trying to think of a solution that would automatically arm the system for my duaghters at night I've they are the only ones home... for instance, a specific button on a multi-button controller that would put the house into "night mode" which would include arming the system.

I am not utilizing any wi-fi in the system and am curious how someone could gain access to it externally.

Again, I appreciate your response.

Comment

Most people connect their lan to their router/gateway and hence to the internet. Anything connected to the internet has a chance to be compromised. You can avoid that risk with an air gapped lan; one with no physical connection to the internet. Even an air gapped lan can be compromised locally by a bad actor plugging a device into it.
        HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
        Number of Devices: 1005
        Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Can't your daughter press the arm (which I guess would be the Stay) button on the panel?

Ok, here is another way; you can write a rule in the ELK to do this. Those don't need an arm/disarm code for rules built into the ELK.

You can send me a private message with your contact info and we can discuss options.

HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
          X