Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can this plugin talk serial via RPI/Linux to ELK without XEP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can this plugin talk serial via RPI/Linux to ELK without XEP?

Question:

Can this plugin run on RPI/Linux and talk directly to the ELK via RS232 or TCP without the ELK XEP?
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Am I the only one that thinks that the XEP is getting outdated? I mean, this plugin can do much more than the XEP as long as it can actually connect via serial... Within the last year there was a post where one user wanted this, and I think that Ultrajones had planned on making the necessary changes such that the serial routines in this plugin would work under Linux.

Just wondering if this got completed as I cant seem to find that original thread...
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Ultrajones, what do you think? Did you complete successful testing of the plugin connection via Linux? Is it supported?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X