Setting Lost on Restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting Lost on Restart

I have the M1G3 plug in setup on windows 10. I am connecting to Insteon Hub via Ethernet. I can setup the connect and it works. But periodically the connect type reverts to serial bus when when HomeSeer is restarted. All other settings are preserved but something causes the connect type to revert.

The result is I have to redo the whole connect type, then area login. Sometimes I can restart a number of times before the settings are lost. Any ideas sixths is taking all the fun out app.

Not sure what is happening here but this does not normally happen with the plugin. Are you properly shutting down HomeSeer and Windows? It is possible for this to happen if you’re not shutting down HomeSeer and Windows properly. I seem to remember a similar situation where I just restarted Windows without properly shutting down HomeSeer first.

HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

This one has been reported multiple time and I have not managed to make it fully go away. This is the only plugin I have that I have seen having this issue.

I think the crux of the matter is that the config file (HSPI_ULTRAM1G3.ini) is constantly updated with the last time a particular zone, output... has seen a change (that's the "last change" column in the M1G3 config tabs). Because of that, if HS3/ULTRAM1G3 does not shut down gracefully, you may find yourself with a truncated or blank config file.

I am on Windows and I have tried to start HS3 in multiple ways to force a graceful shutdown (e.g. on Windows Update reboots), but I have never quite managed to make this go away reliably. Even using graceful shutdown utilities like BLShutdown or Restart, I am seeing occasional hiccups.

These days, when HS3 restarts, I send myself an email, and I manually check that UltraM1G3 is still configured properly. I have a backup of the ini file just in case. Not ideal.

Comment

Working...
      X